Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4motion, Diff Lock and Lane assist = No?

apple

apple

VIP Member
Hi All,
:D
Just ordered a California SE and wondered if anyone else has come across the fact that you cannot order Lane Assist with Diff Lock :sad ? Not mentioned in the brochure but I am led to believe that its to do with the button location of the Diff Lock and Lane Assist ?

I decided to bag the lane assist but would have been nice to have all the options ;)

All the best

Richard

I would have thought diff lock would be more useful. Assume it was 4motion otherwise that would be reason diff locks wasn't available :)

Yes its 4motion and thought the same, best to have diff lock, although I do spend a lot of time in France and considered Lane Assist might come in useful ?

Trying to combine my 3 vehicles Audi A7, Defender 90 and T25 Westie Atlantic Poptop in to the one California. Westie will sadly be up for sale soon :sad such a great camper !

Full spec....

180 BiTDI Bluemotion 4Motion DSG - Dark Wood

BT Hands free
Camping Pack
Charcoal Canister
Climatic
DAB
Diff Lock
Driver Pack
Mud flaps
Safe box
TP warning
Xenons

..... and no lane assist :sad

apple said:
Yes its 4motion and thought the same, best to have diff lock, although I do spend a lot of time in France and considered Lane Assist might come in useful ?

Trying to combine my 3 vehicles Audi A7, Defender 90 and T25 Westie Atlantic Poptop in to the one California. Westie will sadly be up for sale soon :sad such a great camper !

Full spec....

180 BiTDI Bluemotion 4Motion DSG - Dark Wood

BT Hands free
Camping Pack
Charcoal Canister
Climatic
DAB
Diff Lock
Driver Pack
Mud flaps
Safe box
TP warning
Xenons

..... and no lane assist :sad

Should have added Climtronic - that's a great system

Yes, sorry, I have order climatronic not climatic... if theres a difference :?

Excellent Configuration!! Can you please tell me when you ordered your California and when you California delivery are due?
I also want to order new one for me but vw dealer said it will take 4 months to deliver.
thanks

Hi,

Ordered this week, managed to get a vehicle that was 'status 10' ? Due for build week 25 (w/c 17 June) so delivery 4 weeks after that..... Allegedly :thumb

I was told as it was status 10 the specification could be modified to my required spec.

Happy days.... looking forward to the arrival of.... (as agreed with the kids).... 'Woody' !! well it is Dark Wood coloured :D

Great name! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does the dif lock not disengage above a given speed.....hence the lane assist conflict.
Also dif lock=understeer, possibly another conflict?

That may be complete bollocks but it sounds like a good theory.

S.

Sounds as plausible as there being no room for the extra button :D

Strange. Our 2012 4 Motion came with difflock and lane change assist; but perusal of the VW catalogue suggests that lane change comes bundled with cruise, rain sensor and auto dim rear view mirror. You have to manually disengage the difflock otherwise you will tend to bounce round corners!

Does the 4-Mo have two dif locks? Centre and front/rear?
I've owned many Quattro's that were awsome in snow/ice, in a straight line. Changing direction was always good for a giggle with dif locks employed :crazy

S

oldmtber said:
Strange. Our 2012 4 Motion came with difflock and lane change assist; but perusal of the VW catalogue suggests that lane change comes bundled with cruise, rain sensor and auto dim rear view mirror. You have to manually disengage the difflock otherwise you will tend to bounce round corners!

Thats interesting ? I have ordered the auto dim etc bundle but Im not sure there was any mention of lane assist in the package.

As per the January 2013 brochure Page no 38 Options: : Comfort and convenience Section. lane-change assist past of the "Rain sensor with automatic dimming rear-view mirror" pkg. see details given blow.

Rain sensor with automatic dimming rear-view mirror
Included with lane-change assist. Not compatible with laminated glass

Driver pack
Includes front and rear parking sensors, multi-function steering wheel and rain sensor with
auto-dimming rear view mirror

Thanks
JK

jeetu2k said:
As per the January 2013 brochure Page no 38 Options: : Comfort and convenience Section. lane-change assist past of the "Rain sensor with automatic dimming rear-view mirror" pkg. see details given blow.

Driver pack
Includes front and rear parking sensors, multi-function steering wheel and rain sensor with

Thanks
JK

Shame VW don't seem to be offer the auto lights with coming home function with this. Unless they now are?

Crazy if they still aren't.

James

jeetu2k said:

Driver pack

Thanks
JK

Hi JK,

Just read that and check back on the brochure, but it would appear that it refers to the rain sensor and dimming RVM comes with Lane-change assist option, and not Lane-change assist comes with The rain sensors option. Therefore the Drivers pack includes rain sensors, but not LCA ? :crazy :crazy

I think Lol

Did you order yours ? and if so what delivery did you get ??

Back