Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2021 T6.1 12v Socket & Cigar Lighter Fuse?

VW1Camp

VW1Camp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Evening

Re: 2021 T6.1 12v Socket & Cigar Lighter Fuse?

Could anyone help with the location of the fuse that covers the 12v socket up on top of the dash in front of the driver and the cigar lighter.

As neither are working I’m presuming one fuse covers both?

I’ve checked the owners manual and unbelievably no fuse diagram

Thanks in advance
David

Evening

Re: 2021 T6.1 12v Socket & Cigar Lighter Fuse?

Could anyone help with the location of the fuse that covers the 12v socket up on top of the dash in front of the driver and the cigar lighter.

As neither are working I’m presuming one fuse covers both?

I’ve checked the owners manual and unbelievably no fuse diagram

Thanks in advance
David
Normally those 2 sockets have different supplies. Dash top from the Leisure Battery. Blue 15 amp fuse under front Passenger seat.
Cigar lighter, normally engine battery with a 15 amp fuse in the Central Dashboard fuse board.

How did both sockets fail?

The fuses used and fuse box are fixed but the position of the actual fuse varies depending on the vehicle options fitted.

Thanks, not sure how they both failed if on separate fuses. Dash cam plugged in the dash one, cigar lighter never used so wouldn’t know if has ever worked. Cheers for the advice

Looks like I might need to go to a VW and they are a nightmare No 15 amp fuse under the passenger seat. Anyone else help please? 2021 204bhp if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance
David

Looks like I might need to go to a VW and they are a nightmare No 15 amp fuse under the passenger seat. Anyone else help please? 2021 204bhp if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance
David
Have you checked the Dashboard Fuse Box? It might mean that both sockets have been wired from the Starter Battery.

Have you checked the Dashboard Fuse Box? It might mean that both sockets have been wired from the Starter Battery.
Thanks

If by the dashboard fuse box you mean the one under the headlamp switch, none of the 15amp fuses are blown… There is only one

Cheers

Thanks

If by the dashboard fuse box you mean the one under the headlamp switch, none of the 15amp fuses are blown… There is only one

Cheers
There is aT6.1 Fuse List, provided by @Loz in the RESOURCES section. It's changed on the T6.1 - 20 amp fuses under the Front Passenger seat RHD.

There is aT6.1 Fuse List, provided by @Loz in the RESOURCES section. It's changed on the T6.1 - 20 amp fuses under the Front Passenger seat RHD.
Thanks, all sorted I was the 20 amp fuse under the passenger seat, covers the 12v socket on the dash and the cigar lighter.

Thanks again
David

So quick question I have a 2021 Cali Ocean and the two cabin sockets are always on regardless of ignition, is there a way to make the ignition switched ??

Thanks, all sorted I was the 20 amp fuse under the passenger seat, covers the 12v socket on the dash and the cigar lighter

Thanks again
David
For reference, it’s the same fuse and location for a 2022 150PS Ocean: 20A yellow fuse under passenger seat, one of 3, it’s far left nearest driver’s seat.