2019 Loyalty Bonus and Part Exchange

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
If you think I am being lazy because this subject has been covered earlier, I apologise, but I need some bang up to date information.
I am in the process of replacing my Ocean and the dealer has advised me of a £2,500 loyalty bonus that is available as I am already a VW customer (they need a copy of the V5C document as proof). I'm OK with that and am perfectly happy to dial that into my calculations. My question is this though, do I have to part ex my old Ocean as well to still qualify for the loyalty bonus or am I free to sell my Ocean privately? Your experience of the 2019 scheme would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi previous loyalty bonus offered by VW meant you only had to own a VW Vehicle. It’s usually tired into you taking out VW finance tho which I think you have to make 6 payments or so before settling. Check with dealer and make the most of all the extras, warranty, service plan , winter tyres. Just go for the lot. Good luck.

A quick search states that the qualifying vehicle does not need to be P/X'd in against the new Cali.

Don't forget that the bonus is £2500+Vat so it's actually a 3k discount.

Screenshot_20190621-163915_Samsung Internet.jpg

A quick search states that the qualifying vehicle does not need to be P/X'd in against the new Cali.

View attachment 46515
Excellent! Thank you.

I got the loyalty on mine this expires the end of June so be quick.all you have to have is a vw in your name and picture of the v5 that’s it nothing else

Yep it’s got to be at least a caddy from commercial vehicles

Is the California classed as a “ Commercial “ Vehicle?
A good question but I have been offered the bonus and they accepted my V5C. I didn't intend to dig further on that one.

The California is a commercial vehicle

View attachment 46515
Thanks again for help but before I go into battle could you be kind enough and send me the address of the above text you found?
Thanks in advance.

Exciting! What are you getting Rik...tell us more! What’s wrong with your current one or is it a 3 year change?

Exciting! What are you getting Rik...tell us more! What’s wrong with your current one or is it a 3 year change?
Oh, there are a number of reasons for change, future pricing of the new dash/faceliffted model on top of the May (?) increase just imposed, I also got offered a good deal on a new Cali (but still negotiating some of the finer points - see above!!), yes, its coming up towards three years old (not a key issue) but the big issue is all about the gearbox. I have been used to a proper auto box's and the DSG is not one and it does some strange things from time to time which ruins the driving experience for me so we are going to change for a manual version. Also a manual box fits better for us as part of the overall experience - we feel a little more in control. There's also less to go wrong too! We are going for an Ocean 150, manual with twin colour, white and Mohave Beige as a nod to the classic T1 colour scheme. Dash will be Beige of course!1561276407390.png

That sounds great and I don’t blame you if you don’t like the DSG. Interesting to see the manual is now an option: it wasn’t when my sister ordered.

I’m her brother and therefore a relative so no reason why she shouldn’t get the discount.

Well a big thanks to @Jabberwocky (for starting this thread) and to @2haw (for posting the terms of the loyalty discount) because it prompted me to read the wording again and not accept why my sister got fobbed off by autoebid, who said I to live at the same address (I argued only the others do). Anyway, to cut a long story short, she now has the £2,500 loyalty discount and the autoebid discount totalling £6,750 off a £56k Ocean 150 dsg.

The other surprising news is that the Cali is being delivered in just under 2 months from order.

Thanks again :thumb

So you got a brand new Cali for £49250
Wow that’s good going
Is it a decent spec?

Thanks again for help but before I go into battle could you be kind enough and send me the address of the above text you found?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, somehow I missed this message, I just googled vw loyalty bonus and this came up...
They would of copied and pasted it from a VW document so would be valid from any dealer.

So you got a brand new Cali for £49250
Wow that’s good going
Is it a decent spec?
That excludes otr costs and I forgot to add on the extras...it’s low spec but what she wanted.
57DEB319-89DA-414A-9598-410D7EDDE778.pngHere’s the invoice.

@Jabberwocky Sorry for leading your thread off there Rik. In answer to your original post, you just need to prove you, a relative or someone living at your address own one. As my sister’s case proves, you don’t need to px or take any finance. In fact I’ve read that you can apparently order using someone else’s address and get the V5 changed later. Give autoebid a go but you’ll need to phone to get the web quote amended to include the discount: the supplying dealer is Swansway Liverpool.

Let us know how you get on.46022DFE-9344-404C-8C42-A854E97E9D81.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jabberwocky Sorry for leading your thread off there Rik. In answer to your original post, you just need to prove you, a relative or someone living at your address own one. As my sister’s case proves, you don’t need to px or take any finance. In fact I’ve read that you can apparently order using someone else’s address and get the V5 changed later. Give autoebid a go but you’ll need to phone to get the web quote amended to include the discount: the supplying dealer is Swansway Liverpool.

Let us know how you get on.View attachment 46770
Gets more interesting. Swansway are the dealer I am talking to!

Gets more interesting. Swansway are the dealer I am talking to!
Has anyone tried playing one Swansway branch off against another? ie Liverpool vs Preston for the best discount.

Back