Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 Cali Ocean rear drink holder access.

Flynn

Flynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello, does anyone know of a way to use the rear drink holder that is by the door in a 2018 Ocean? When I push the seat back as far as it goes (nothing behind seat) the head rests almost touch the rear speakers on the ceiling and the seat will not pass the bracket that holds the bed frame. So it really is as far back as it goes but the drink holder and the 12V socket in the same 'handy' location is covered by the seat. I guess it's just the same location and does work if you have more seats in something like a transporter??

You answerd your own question...

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
So that is the case then? I wasn't sure as when we collected our new Cali. it had a seat from a different van and have only just had the correct seat fitted. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a problem with the seat we have been given as a replacement. Thanks for confirming.

Yes, the panel is basically from a Caravelle and nigh on useless in the Cali.

So that is the case then? I wasn't sure as when we collected our new Cali. it had a seat from a different van and have only just had the correct seat fitted. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a problem with the seat we have been given as a replacement. Thanks for confirming.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0721DYG7X/?tag=eliteelect-21

Stick this in the 12v Socket. The plug has an On/Off Switch and the Socket can be stuck to the trim. 4 usb sockets and 12v sockets easily accessible. Excess wire fits in the useless cup holder out of the way.

Am I right in thinking this 12v socket comes off the engine battery rather than the leisure battery, in which case care has to be taken running things for long periods?

My understanding was the 12v socket is fed from the Leisure batteries as is the sockets in the boot, kitchen unit and poptop (on my MY18 ocean anyway).

Am I right in thinking this 12v socket comes off the engine battery rather than the leisure battery, in which case care has to be taken running things for long periods?

• Thanks
Reactions: DG1
Leisure Battery on mine. I checked.

• Thanks
Reactions: DG1
Thanks for those replies. As the Cali is based on Caravelle donor and this socket is part of the Caravelle layout, I thought it might also come wired up the same as in a Caravelle (which I assume has only the engine battery).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0721DYG7X/?tag=eliteelect-21

Stick this in the 12v Socket. The plug has an On/Off Switch and the Socket can be stuck to the trim. 4 usb sockets and 12v sockets easily accessible. Excess wire fits in the useless cup holder out of the way.

I like that but I don't really understand the electrical blurb -
  • 【3-Sockets Cigarette Lighter】Three cigarette lighter sockets provide a total power up to 120W, enough for simultaneous use of multiple appliances like Dashcam, GPS, Seat heater, Handheld vacuum cleaner etc. in your 12V/24V vehicle.
  • 【4-Port USB Ports】USB charging ports with 6.8A total output enables you to rapidly charge 4 devices simultaneously Supports iPhone 7 Plus/iPad Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 edge S5/Tab, Nexus 5X 6P, LG, Sony, Moto, Kindle and other USB devices.

Can I charge a laptop from one of these and if so, which?

I like that but I don't really understand the electrical blurb -

Can I charge a laptop from one of these and if so, which?
This is just like an extension lead. 4 USB sockets s you can plug your phone lead in to charge a phone or similar, and 3 x 12v sockets. So if you have a 12v charger for your laptop then you can plug the charger into one of the three 12v sockets.

I was told by a (knowledgeable) VW dealer that all sockets behind the B post are fed from the the leisure batteries in my 2018 Cali Ocean.

I use this socket to run my phone overnight. It is a fiddle to get the 12V plug in and out as the seat covers it - but still doable. I try to make sure the cable is out of the way when the seating is moved in case it damages the USB cable sticking out of the top of it.

The Geek device referred to earlier in this thread looks good as the cable exit is at right angles and may well solve this problem for me.

I found that if I loosened the multiplex board fasteners I could lift it slightly and move it back another inch or so covering the silver tie downs at the rear of the rails. With the front of the board folded down as well this seems to give enough room to make the rear cup holders almost useable.

I was told by a (knowledgeable) VW dealer that all sockets behind the B post are fed from the the leisure batteries in my 2018 Cali Ocean.

I use this socket to run my phone overnight. It is a fiddle to get the 12V plug in and out as the seat covers it - but still doable. I try to make sure the cable is out of the way when the seating is moved in case it damages the USB cable sticking out of the top of it.

The Geek device referred to earlier in this thread looks good as the cable exit is at right angles and may well solve this problem for me.
The other advantage is that it has a switch so can be left plugged in. A blue led shows when switched On.

My thoughts exactly!

It would be nice to have the rear mesh bed support hinged so it could split in half and the pillow with a split fold seam so the seat could go further back giving more floor space (yes but less boot space) but it would be nice to have the option our old reimo t4 variotech bed did exactly this

Back