Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 Beach leisure battery fuse charger location?

Maxx

Maxx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can either show me or sign post me to a resource to find this fuse. I have tried the resource section and admit defeat. Lots of threads and a few diagrams but none that match my vehicle.

Anyhow, the problem I have is that the leisure battery no longer seems to be being charged following the fitting of a dashcam by Halfords. The fitter pulled out multiple fuses and I believe he replaced the leisure battery charger in the wrong slot.

It took me a few weeks to figure out what was going on as the battery gradually lost charge and I tried all the usual checks. I have also kept it healthy and charged it regularly via ehu on the driveway.

If anyone can share a link to a fuse layout or tell me which fuse slot location I need to check, I would be very grateful.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can either show me or sign post me to a resource to find this fuse. I have tried the resource section and admit defeat. Lots of threads and a few diagrams but none that match my vehicle.

Anyhow, the problem I have is that the leisure battery no longer seems to be being charged following the fitting of a dashcam by Halfords. The fitter pulled out multiple fuses and I believe he replaced the leisure battery charger in the wrong slot.

It took me a few weeks to figure out what was going on as the battery gradually lost charge and I tried all the usual checks. I have also kept it healthy and charged it regularly via ehu on the driveway.

If anyone can share a link to a fuse layout or tell me which fuse slot location I need to check, I would be very grateful.
I'm afraid you won't find a fuse diagram for your particular vehicle as although the correct sized fuse will be fitted, in the correct fuse box, its actual position can vary from vehicle to vehicle.

I believe it is a 5amp fuse located in the lower section of the Dashboard main fuse box.
Check all the 5 amp fuses for continuity .Once happy they are all OK use a 5 amp fuse in any unused slots and check, with a multimeter, that the leisure battery shows a charger voltage of greater than 13.5v. Must be plugged into EHU.

Otherwise ask Dealership for fuse location on your vehicle or sign upto EKTA the VW database. You pay for time limited access, input your VIN and you can then look up everything about your particular vehicle.

I'm afraid you won't find a fuse diagram for your particular vehicle as although the correct sized fuse will be fitted, in the correct fuse box, its actual position can vary from vehicle to vehicle.

I believe it is a 5amp fuse located in the lower section of the Dashboard main fuse box.
Check all the 5 amp fuses for continuity .Once happy they are all OK use a 5 amp fuse in any unused slots and check, with a multimeter, that the leisure battery shows a charger voltage of greater than 13.5v. Must be plugged into EHU.

Otherwise ask Dealership for fuse location on your vehicle or sign upto EKTA the VW database. You pay for time limited access, input your VIN and you can then look up everything about your particular vehicle.
Thank-you very much for the information above, that’s all really very helpful.

Back