Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 Cali differences

NickE said:
Dashtop 12v socket:

[album]817[/album]

[album]816[/album]

And, as I said above, the 12v socket in the ashtray is still there.

Nice. What king of T5 do you have ? I can't spot the attachement points for the windscreen blinds on your picture

frigorifix said:
NickE said:
Dashtop 12v socket:

[album]817[/album]

[album]816[/album]

And, as I said above, the 12v socket in the ashtray is still there.

Nice. What king of T5 do you have ? I can't spot the attachement points for the windscreen blinds on your picture

Excellent addition :)

James

frigorifix said:

Signature updated and there aren't any special attachment points. The blind simply loops over the sunvisors.

NickE said:
frigorifix said:
The blind simply loops over the sunvisors.

Cool ! It's probably easier to use than the previous technique.
You still have to move the mirror to hold the blinds ?

Hi all,

We visited the dealership a few weeks ago to see our new California for the first time. I noticed it comes with all season tyres now as standard. A nice touch.

and yes they have pull out front blinds too while we fiddle on with magnets etc!!!

I'm intrigued by reports that European Calis have a much broader range of factory options. Does anyone have links to German or other brochures?

RobdeBear said:
I'm intrigued by reports that European Calis have a much broader range of factory options. Does anyone have links to German or other brochures?

Search here - I written quite extensively about it. Have a look here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2082&p=17191&hilit=comfortline#p17191

Austrian VW site in google chrome is less embedded - http://www.volkswagen.at

You can configure your California.

European LHD - dependent on market is broader - actually it's mainly around the engine choice which gives you more variations.

There are more options and different dash - the UK Cali does get quite a good selection and more has become available such as wi fi.

A lot of the differences are really because VW cannot sell a large amount in the UK - so it becomes easier to make certain things standard.

For example - there are a number of leather options not available in the UK - in the UK things like electric seats aren't offered - they stop the swivelling function so VW have probably thought better than offer them in the UK. Display plus (colour DIS) not available either although it is on Velles, there are a few other things, underbody protection for the 4 Motion and the Chrome Pack. Have a look at the VW Austria :)

LHD markets tend to be better package their options - the light and sight pack being a prime example.

Have a look

James

IanBuckle said:
http://www.californiafertigung.com/assets/images/db_images/db_California-5_2-Facelift-13.jpg

Is there any sign of the new dashboard coming? While we get excited about power sockets the Germans are charging around with swanky new dash boards!!

The dashboard is different only for the full Cali's.

The reason for this is that they are based on Multivans - Multivans are sold as cars in Germany - so they get a different, more car like dash.

Beaches are based on a Multivan Startline - which gets the standard Transporter Dash whatever market you choose.

The front screen blinds are a topic of debate but I understand they can be fitted, it has been said that because they are designed for the multivan dash they need some curating around the bottom of the pillar trim but I know it has been done.

The new dash won't come to the Uk or at least it is unlikely to, VW sell a very restricted Multivan range in the UK, even going as far to call them Caravelles. Even the new Caravelle Business has the standard Transporter dash in the UK which really detracts from the front cabin in my opinion.

James

Cuba said:
Hi all,

We visited the dealership a few weeks ago to see our new California for the first time. I noticed it comes with all season tyres now as standard. A nice touch.
My new cali has come with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TTs, which I don't think are all season.

If your getting a bluemotion then the tyres will be low friction energy efficient tyres which are ok in dry and not that great in the wet :sad , but they will be a good make as VW don't put cheap on their vehicles.. :thumb

choplee said:
If your getting a bluemotion then the tyres will be low friction energy efficient tyres which are ok in dry and not that great in the wet :sad , but they will be a good make as VW don't put cheap on their vehicles.. :thumb

Hankook are being used by VW, I think they will get more common on new vehicles.

choplee said:
If your getting a bluemotion then the tyres will be low friction energy efficient tyres
Exactly what I was expecting on my bluemotion, but not what I got. The fitted Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TTs don't seem to be such. I'm not complaining though, they appear to be perfectly good tyres.

[quote="NickE
I agree, or for a dashcam. That makes five 12v sockets in total.[/quote]

I can only think of 3 on my 2012 Cali - in the ashtray, behind the passenger seat, and the daft one tucked down the side of the rear bench. Where is the 4th?

Simon

Back