Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

20” Staggered Alloys Wheels / Tyres Setup

Knock on effect, for me, would be:
Back ache.
Headache
Increased neck ache from jiggling down the road.
Anxiety from worrying about hitting a pothole, with my 17” Kato’s I drive at the potholes to increase the size, & depth of them, so they get fixed quicker.
Maybe increased visit to tyre fitter to replace tyres, and alloys, popped by potholes.

What other knock on effects did you have in mind?
Do VWCV sell 20” wheels?

Yes they do sell them.
Agree. Mine came with 20” wheels when it was delivered as I’ve got the order sheet. I’ve recently changed them as my old T5.1 had near enough brand new wheels and tyres on them and I’d only done 500 miles with them

I’m aware of the my friend I was a tyre fitter in my early days,
The original question was will a 275 40 20 on a 10j rim have a knock on effect !
It may rub on the front if it’s lowered considerably.
but it will put your Speedo out...
more than the sizes I suggested !
just trying to be helpful as I have had many vans over the years inc many California’s too and from experience the tyres i suggest are a better size to use .275 40s are too big although a lot of people use them on un lowered vans to fill the arch more i suppose
Appreciate the reply. I’m somewhat of an amateur with all of this. My California has air suspension - will this have an impact? The wheels that were on there previously were the same size (275/40) - albeit not 10J’s on the rear which is what’s on there now. I guess I can only see how I get on but there doesn’t seem to be any obvious issues (bar the speedometer being out as you can)

Appreciate the reply. I’m somewhat of an amateur with all of this. My California has air suspension - will this have an impact? The wheels that were on there previously were the same size (275/40) - albeit not 10J’s on the rear which is what’s on there now. I guess I can only see how I get on but there doesn’t seem to be any obvious issues (bar the speedometer being out as you can)
Exactly see how you get on ,that’s the best plan of action,by the way air is the premium of all suspension so that’s a definite bonus you have there and it allows you to se the ride height to how you like..,,,if you go up a few posts you will see my old white California ocean from around 4 yrs ago with 9.5 j wheels and a 275 35 tyre fitted . it’s literally mm’s away from the sliding door panel that’s a et45 offset …
The higher the offset the more the wheel sticks inwards,eg a 35 offset will stick out 10mm more than a 45offset 10j is the width of the wheel itself before the tyres fitted .
I couldn’t get a 10j on the rear of the cali due to it being lowered down around 70/75mn .if you don’t go down that far it might just clear.

I hope this makes sense?‍♂️