Wrinkles and creases in windout awning

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm sure there was a thread on this subject here but can I find it? No!!
Anyway, have any of you folks had this problem, and if so did you manage to fix it? It mainly shows as diagonal wrinkles in the PVC fabric as if it has expanded.
Any thoughts? Cures, fixes other than new!

Leave it fully wound out on a hot sunny day so the canvas can relax? Otherwise I wouldn't worry if it's still doing it's job.

Ours does the same - creases as you wind it in. I actually think its worse when you are putting it away hot. Either way, I am not overly concerned by it and the lines soon disappear after it has been wound out again for a while.

Yes, I find that the problem is much more noticable when the fabic is hot. I also found this video which seems to be based on some experience suggesting an easy fix

mine does it too. the creases tend to disappear on their own so i don't bother trying to adjust anything. if you alter the arms it may not wind in at all

mine does it too. the creases tend to disappear on their own so i don't bother trying to adjust anything. if you alter the arms it may not wind in at all
I have a feeling that is good, sound advice FB! Must tell myself no tinkering!!

I'm sure there was a thread on this subject here but can I find it? No!!
Anyway, have any of you folks had this problem, and if so did you manage to fix it? It mainly shows as diagonal wrinkles in the PVC fabric as if it has expanded.
Any thoughts? Cures, fixes other than new!
If it's diagonal creasing, the arms are not quite parallel. measure the distance between them at the van end & compare with the distance at the header rail. They are easy to adjust .

Back