Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors

J

JacquiG

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, sorry there isnt a search function as yet. Looking to fit some front door wind deflectors but there are so many on the marketplace. Any recommendations? Thanks!

After reviewing the different options I opted for the Climair Light smoke (manual says a small grub screw is needed, but its not required as 3m double sided adhesive tape does the job). No regrets.

We have Heko. Easy to fit but if you have laminated dark glass it can crack. Others swear by the stick on ones but preferred the “cleaner” look of Heko.

We had Hekos and have since gone for ClimAirs.

Linky for ease of finding the right ones : https://amzn.to/3J3REDz

Hekos are held in with clips only - not a problem, until they are. Ours lasted fine for 18 months and we recommended them everywhere we went. Then one day, wound down the window and one fell out, briefly scratching the door as it fell.

We went for ClimAirs in January and haven’t looked back.

The design is a little more shapely, darker and a more natural grey/black tint; Hekos are a redder tint. The ClimAirs also feel significantly thicker.

As an aside, if you have an acoustic pack, you CANT use Hekos due to the thicker glass. You’ll chip the glass during use as the clips are too narrow.

Only downside of the ClimAirs is a TINY screw which holds them in place - but something we’re comfortable with given the security and peace of mind.

I’ve been quoted for VW dealer fitted wind deflectors and have been told they are internal to the frame, not external. Can someone confirm if the official ones have changed to internal again?

Bought ours from Lookers VW at the beginning of the year and they are external. They may be others but that is what we fitted ourselves.

As an aside, if you have an acoustic pack, you CANT use Hekos due to the thicker glass. You’ll chip the glass during use as the clips are too narrow.
I’ve gone for the acoustic pack, I take it you can’t fit the Climairs either then?

I’ve gone for the acoustic pack, I take it you can’t fit the Climairs either then?
Climairs don't use clips. The glass doesn't come into contact with anything sharp or metallic so should work just fine. And by btw its not required to screw into the plastic mirror trim..

Hi, sorry there isnt a search function as yet. Looking to fit some front door wind deflectors but there are so many on the marketplace. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Climair light smoke here.
1.5 years. No issues.
They are awesome.

I’ve been quoted for VW dealer fitted wind deflectors and have been told they are internal to the frame, not external. Can someone confirm if the official ones have changed to internal again?
I have original VW ones, external on Cherry Red van!, still available on eBay etc £40 ish I think. I preferred them as no messing in the window frame, been on for 6 months no issues.

IMG_0689.png

I have original VW ones, external on Cherry Red van!, still available on eBay etc £40 ish I think. I preferred them as no messing in the window frame, been on for 6 months no issues.
That's what I have surprised to get them for £40 -added to my essential pile now just need the van!

That's what I have surprised to get them for £40 -added to my essential pile now just need the van!
Yes, I had them for about 4 months before the van!, fitted them the day after I picked it up.

View attachment 121377
Nice to see you stuck them in the right spot lots have used YouTuber who tells you to stick them up higher

Hi Cali-donia. I bought and fitted VW wind deflectors which I bought from Campervantastic for £49. They’ve completely external and fitting is very easy - in fact there’s a YouTube video to guide you. Breeze VW quoted me £149 to buy and fit the deflectors so I saved a lot. They’re in Smokey grey and stick onto the top of the door frame. Job’s a good ‘un!

Hi Cali-donia. I bought and fitted VW wind deflectors which I bought from Campervantastic for £49. They’ve completely external and fitting is very easy - in fact there’s a YouTube video to guide you. Breeze VW quoted me £149 to buy and fit the deflectors so I saved a lot. They’re in Smokey grey and stick onto the top of the door frame. Job’s a good ‘un!
Got my genuine VW wind deflectors from the Dealers on the day I picked up my Ocean last month.....cost less than £38. Ok, still to peel off the sticky tape (no screws needed) as it's been too wet or windy to fit them yet but I can't see that they'll pose a problem, and being externally fitted they'll not be a problem for acoustic door glass.
For what it's worth, I've also, today, purchased a genuine VW rear bumper top protector for under £66, so that's another warm, dry still day's project (more sticky tape).

Got my genuine VW wind deflectors from the Dealers on the day I picked up my Ocean last month.....cost less than £38. Ok, still to peel off the sticky tape (no screws needed) as it's been too wet or windy to fit them yet but I can't see that they'll pose a problem, and being externally fitted they'll not be a problem for acoustic door glass.
For what it's worth, I've also, today, purchased a genuine VW rear bumper top protector for under £66, so that's another warm, dry still day's project (more sticky tape).
I had the rear bumper protector fitted by the dealer at collection, have to say very disappointed with the product and the way it has stained and faded over 18 months.

Back