Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Will a new dometic fridge to too noisey to sleep?

benmac

benmac

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Everyone,

Looking to by the Dometic CFX3 45 and wondering what the noise level is like?
It's my first Cali Beach arriving soon and it will be a part of the rear slide out kitchen in the rear.

Thanks
Ben

I’ve got one and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I sleep with my head pretty much on top of it. That said we are all different. However, like most noises (e.g. traffic if you live in a city or birds if you live in the country) you get used to them pretty quickly.

CFX 40 doesn't bother me at all; I sleep with it under my ears too (and I like silence for sleeping)

Hi Everyone,

Looking to by the Dometic CFX3 45 and wondering what the noise level is like?
It's my first Cali Beach arriving soon and it will be a part of the rear slide out kitchen in the rear.

Thanks
Ben

We have the CFX 35 and it’s very quiet. (I don’t think the 45 will fit under the MFB Parcel shelf with a sliding drawer so you might want to check the height before ordering).

I’ve got one and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I sleep with my head pretty much on top of it. That said we are all different. However, like most noises (e.g. traffic if you live in a city or birds if you live in the country) you get used to them pretty quickly.
I should add mines a 35 not a 45 although not sure what difference that will make on the noise front. Regarding size I think @Ch1pbutty may be right - the 35 is a snug fit to the mfb in mine although it does sit on a pull out tray. For a long weekend with 4 kids it has more than enough space for me to BBQ every day. On longer trips I sometimes need to go to the shop to restock but I’m ok with that as it takes less space in the van and gives me a bit more flexibility to choose what I eat or where - e.g occasional pub lunch or fish and chips.

Back