Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who regularly removes awning ‘off season’

One reason to remove it for me would be to be able to go to my local drive-through carwash. They refused my Cali because the awning would damage their rotating equipment. Anyone have the same problem being refused at drive-through carwashes by the way?
Same for me in Belgium. But washing cali is good oportunity for inspection of every detail of Cali.

I'd be more worried about my Cali then about the drive-through carwash. I never dared doing it. Youve got your bike rack too. Solar maybe? Not sure if it can be done, I know some do in certain car washes, but I wont be trying it anytime soon although I's love for it to be possible

If you remove it people may think your driving just a standard conversion and who would want that, it's the awning on the "wrong" side that is the most obvious sign that we are driving a Cali ;)
Trying to decide if I should remove the awning (2 bolts apparently), during months we don’t expect to use it.

Fuel economy, wear and tear, theft, looks,… worthy reasons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How would I know who to wave to if no awing! Although I do seem to wave at any VW.

Interested to hear if they sell well. I’d be happy to sell it I think, don’t use it enough
Very easy to sell…only longterm downside is that might impact resale value as awning generally considered as standard kit for a high end camper.