Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to leave

N

Nick CB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi gang, our Cali is being picked up tomorrow (Monday) to have the roof corrosion fixed.
The question is for those of you who have been through it:
what did you take out and what did you leave? Obviously take out valuables. Can the rest of the bits and bobs stay in?

We took out loose bedding and stuff lying on back shelf but all gubbins in cupboards and under rear shelf just left in situ! No problems.
Make sure they check the edges of roof itself if not already down for it;)

David, many thanks for that, we have done as you said.
Yes, the actual roof has been checked by VW and that is being changed at the same time.
PS. Have left some beers in the fridge, do you think they'll be safe?:cool:

David, many thanks for that, we have done as you said.
Yes, the actual roof has been checked by VW and that is being changed at the same time.
PS. Have left some beers in the fridge, do you think they'll be safe?:cool:

If they have it for 2 weeks, as they did mine, the beer be very warm because your leisure batteries will be flat and possibly damaged. Turn the fridge off!!

Ah yes Snowy, the fridge IS off. Tongue in cheek, just worried about the security of the beer.

My emergency packet of Hobnobs came back intact if that's any indication:D

Mine came back from Westbury completely valeted inside and out which was great.
However we had emptied it completely.

Alan

I will be sending ours empty when it does go off (dreaming again) giving all our bits a spring clean, and the van on return if not done for me.

I sent mine to Shorade completely empty & filthy. Came back clean inside & out & polished.

I treated it as an opportunity to have a good sort out of the 'junk' I carry around & lighten the load.

Ours also went to Westbury, they sent it away to be deep cleaned came back spotless!

It would be interesting to hear how long people have been waiting for roof repairs. My van has been waiting a year to be repaired at Westbury but no indication of how much longer it might be

After resprays in years 1 and 2 of ownership, and declining a 3rd respray when it came back again a year later, after 21 months of approval for a replacement, mine was completed last month.

It would be interesting to hear how long people have been waiting for roof repairs. My van has been waiting a year to be repaired at Westbury but no indication of how much longer it might be
My advice would be to phone Darran at the Westbury body shop and explain your situation and concerns. If you are able to waive your right to a courtesy Cali which is what we did there is every chance your van will be collected within the week, if not Darran will definitely keep you updated on the next available slot. We found him to be unfailingly helpful and professional and an all round great guy.

I second that.

When I phoned Darren and indicated I didn't need a loan van, he arranged to collect ours the following day. It was returned 9 days later perfectly repaired and cleaned.

Alan

Back