Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the best way to get towed out from behind - currently stuck in a field !

S

Scoobz1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
What’s the best place please to attach a rope to in order to be pulled out from behind . Plus any other advice for getting out of muck ….
Thanks Scoobz

Try letting the air out of the front tyres first then drive it out.

No tow bar I am afraid - but there is the tyre rack and a round hoop to the back just under the bumper - is for for towing ?

Lower front tyre pressure good tip. Any rubber mats, carpet pieces, mesh fencing around to put under the front wheels (depending how 'dug in' they are)? Perhaps a few more photos will generate thoughts ...

not much help, but look in the manual for towing points?... there should be a formal 'towing eye' at the rear?
IMG_5829.JPG

Last edited:
...maybe not :headbang

Have you tried engaging the diff lock…..

the one time I got stuck the carpet mats under the drive wheels backed onto them once going kemp going until on hard standing.

Got out - even when on level ground which was considerably firmer where I got bogged down it couldn’t get traction. Used the tow hook at the back and we reversed in synch … if there is a next time will probably just leave in neutral especially if being towed out with a proper 4 wheel drive … thanks everyone .

Here are a few pics to show what I was up against - didn’t really matter if I managed to get out, as I already said, would have been stuck again … There was a pile of gravel and stones buried under that wheels and the plastic non slip things were pretty useless in this case

1652A41A-85E1-4D59-958B-5BE8C27317F2.jpeg

What’s the best place please to attach a rope to in order to be pulled out from behind . Plus any other advice for getting out of muck ….
Thanks Scoobz
You should screw in the towing/lashing eye that's supplied in your jack kit that's behind the rear seat.

You should screw in the towing/lashing eye that's supplied in your jack kit that's behind the rear seat.
That towing eye is for the front.
For the rear you use a factory fitted towbar or the welded eyelet if no factory fitted towbar. See post 5/7/9.

I'm very nervous when driving onto anything less than bone dry grass - I've got stuck on a damp level grass field & again another time with two wheels on a flat grass verge / two on a gravel car park.

When doing a three-point turn into a farm gate or similar I'm always careful to reverse in & try to keep the front wheels on the tarmac road.

since the problem has been solved and Scoobz1 is now out of trouble, shouldn't we now use the thread productively in another epic FWD vs 4Motion scuffle?

I'm so glad I have 4M especially to avoid situations like this!

Back