Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WeConnect ending on 8/11/23

You'll be surprised. And, don't laugh, but the range can be extended by pressing against your forehead while pressing the button, and the same with the Central Locking remote. Try it.
Does it depend on how tall you are too?

Ever since our Cali ocean went into the dealer for a warranty job on a ball joint, they did a software update too and since then We connect hasn’t really worked very well. Had to log out and sign in again but still no luck. Won’t synchronise either. And the new VW app is the same. Last known position and status showing as 30thSept and won’t synchronise. So might have to delete the profile and start again but does that mean I’ve got to go through the security checks again? Also lost some functions in the VW app such as the adblue range (as stated by another poster above) which was on we connect. Hopefully it’s a work in progress that VW will continually improve and fix bugs quickly. Never had the night heater option but it’s a Cali Ocean and not a grand Cali. Some functions on the VW app then take you to another vW site to log into again.

Ever since our Cali ocean went into the dealer for a warranty job on a ball joint, they did a software update too and since then We connect hasn’t really worked very well. Had to log out and sign in again but still no luck. Won’t synchronise either. And the new VW app is the same. Last known position and status showing as 30thSept and won’t synchronise. So might have to delete the profile and start again but does that mean I’ve got to go through the security checks again? Also lost some functions in the VW app such as the adblue range (as stated by another poster above) which was on we connect. Hopefully it’s a work in progress that VW will continually improve and fix bugs quickly. Never had the night heater option but it’s a Cali Ocean and not a grand Cali. Some functions on the VW app then take you to another vW site to log into again.
Are you in spy mode on the media centre?

Are you in spy mode on the media centre?
No I don’t think so. I set it up for all access, not restricted. I did play about with the S-code though. I’m not fully sure what the S-code actually does. I presumed it just saves your profile settings and allows permission to lock and unlock doors via the app. Does it do any other stuff?

The new app doesn’t appear to show Adblue level and range.

I hope they add full functionality. Maybe little point resubscribing if they don’t? It’s always been less than perfect.

The new app doesn’t appear to show Adblue level and range.
Just looked at my VW app and it has adblue in the vehicle health report.

Vw app says 4871 miles
But We Connect reports ad blue at 1500 miles
So terrible really!

Screenshot_20231010_111023_Volkswagen.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still baffled about how abysmal their app development is!
But in essence, nothing new with the new app … so as useless as before. I'm also not expecting any innovation in that space, although it could be so handy and cool!

I'm on Android, are you or apple?

Just had a look in my van and adblue range is 8000 miles, nowhere near the 2 app amounts. Both apps updated the van details when I opened them.
Apple.

Mine is Apple too and looks like yours does GG - noticed there was an update to the VW Apple app rolled out yesterday, which didn’t do anything obvious, but i guess the thing will evolve, hopefully
Fingers crossed.

I'm still baffled about how abysmal their app development is!
But in essence, nothing new with the new app … so as useless as before. I'm also not expecting any innovation in that space, although it could be so handy and cool!
Having just downloaded the new app & opened it, I am guessing that it's the same people that signed this off as the new bellows.

We connect was a long way from being perfect but this is a big step backwards on an iPhone at least.

Having just downloaded the new app & opened it, I am guessing that it's the same people that signed this off as the new bellows.

We connect was a long way from being perfect but this is a big step backwards on an iPhone at least.
Agree, key info missing (AdBlu fill etc) and couldn't get it to lock my Tiguan. Was quicker to just hunt the keys down. Pretty but rubbish. Or. Pretty rubbish.

In the new VW app I have a report of a Drive issue, which has the engine icon. Worrying? No - in the We Connect app it tells me I need to refuel. But in the VW app there’s no way of finding that out..

IMG_5292.jpeg

Looking at the recent feedback on App Store, I’d say the new App isn’t being see as a step forward,

So as of today the WeConnect app is deceased and replaced by the Volkswagen app. My initial complaints are that it doesn’t now show whether the doors are locked or windows shut and when I click on Driving Data it returns an ‘invalid request’ ! Also, there doesn’t seem to be a store for destination Favourites just a list of recent searches.
Full functionality should have been ported across to the new app before retiring the old. Really poor.
Having just renewed my subscription, as my van is 3 years old, I’m less than happy. If VW doesn’t sort this soon I’ll be asking for my dosh back.

How are others finding the new app?

So as of today the WeConnect app is deceased and replaced by the Volkswagen app. My initial complaints are that it doesn’t now show whether the doors are locked or windows shut and when I click on Driving Data it returns an ‘invalid request’ ! Also, there doesn’t seem to be a store for destination Favourites just a list of recent searches.
Full functionality should have been ported across to the new app before retiring the old. Really poor.
Having just renewed my subscription, as my van is 3 years old, I’m less than happy. If VW doesn’t sort this soon I’ll be asking for my dosh back.

Not that great. If I try and look at driving data I just get some script error.
Shame really as the previous we connect app was fine. Sure things will improve (hopefully).

Mine shows if its locked, but not whether windows are shut.
I have the same problem with driving data.

Does anyone know if the new app still sends security notifications? (Previously had We Connect tell me my alarm had gone off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a retrograde step!
Adblue data , gone.
Driving data, error code.

My does under vehicle health report but it appears to take you online first without logging again

Screenshot_20231110_090503_Volkswagen.jpg

Lock notification

Screenshot_20231110_090800_Volkswagen.jpg

Back