Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water runs through when filling tank

carolinamaier

carolinamaier

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi everybody

We just bought a used T5 California from 2008.

Problem: when we try to fill fresh water in the tank, it runs directly through and out under the van - even when the valve (that is located above the gas bottle) is closed. It seems as if the connection between the valve and the open/closed mechanism in the tank is out of order.

Does anyone have experiences with this kind of problem? And maybe ideas as to how to fix it?

Cheers,
Carolina

Hi everybody

Problem: when we try to fill fresh water in the tank, it runs directly through and out under the van - even when the valve (that is located above the gas bottle) is closed. It seems as if the connection between the valve and the open/closed mechanism in the tank is out of order.

Does anyone have experiences with this kind of problem? And maybe ideas as to how to fix it?

Cheers,
Carolina

This is the water tank system. Part 13 is the valve.

This is the Page link with Part Numbers.

452068300.png

Hi everybody

Cheers,
Carolina
I had similar when I hadn’t used it for a while. I continually opened and closed the valve ( half a dozen times) and it finally closed and sealed properly. Worth a go if you haven’t already. This was a few years ago - works fine now.

I had similar when I hadn’t used it for a while. I continually opened and closed the valve ( half a dozen times) and it finally closed and sealed properly. Worth a go if you haven’t already. This was a few years ago - works fine now.
Thanks - I’ll give it a try!

When my T6 is in the ‘closed’ position as indicated by the label on the tank it’s actually open. Same thing happened to me. Try it in the labelled ‘open’ position and see if it holds.