Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

W255H false code in Truma GC600

P

peekakunisto8

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Received warning message W255H from Truma and heating does not start. Checked the fuses but no cigar. Anyone else had the same issue with GC600?

Received warning message W255H from Truma and heating does not start. Checked the fuses but no cigar. Anyone else had the same issue with GC600?
That suggests either no 12v power or communication lost. Have you tried resetting it via the control panel in the bench seat flap? Scroll to the error and press and hold the button to reset.

Reseting did not do the jop and fuses seems to be ok. VW dealer successed that most probaply the problem might be in fuses, but I have suspicions that it might be faulty control unit

Reseting did not do the jop and fuses seems to be ok. VW dealer successed that most probaply the problem might be in fuses, but I have suspicions that it might be faulty control unit
Might have to do a hard reset on the boiler itself. Need to remove the bench seat base to get access.

Might have to do a hard reset on the boiler itself. Need to remove the bench seat base to get access.
Thanks.. will try that .. is the hard reset in easy to locate from boiler ?

Thanks.. will try that .. is the hard reset in easy to locate from boiler ?
I had to do this shortly after purchasing our new to us GC680…..I had attempted to start the heating, not realising that the gas was turned off…..be warned, there’s a lot of torx screws! But the hard reset worked!

I am having the same problem, no heating, no hot water and the W255H message. Checked the fuses all OK, Reset the truma panel this did not work either. Will lift the lid on the on the seat next and try the hard reset.

Mine had the same problem recently. (amongst other things...lights etc.)I have just had my GC600 in to VW in Denmark and they have fixed a number of comms issues with a recent update which was released by VW on the 25/01/24.
I haven´t picked it up yet but they reported back this morning that all the issues have been fixed with the up date.
On another note they told be they will fix back lights as there has also recently been a call back Re. the seals.
Hope this helps.

Back