Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw beach lowering sizes and wheels

M

Mossman01

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
collecting my beach camper at the end of April what advice on how low to drop the car and wheel size many thanks JOHN. Any photo would be appreciated

Eibach coilovers can be fitted by the VW dealership and are warranty safe.

VW offered a 30mm drop option. Mine has it.

I went with SoLow NSL adjustable coilovers and 20 inch wheels, got it all from transporterhq. Rider quality is really good and feels more car like and less wallowing around corners.
IMG_4501.jpeg

Looks great, those coilovers have a drop of 65-95 mm. Do you k know what yours are set at?

I went with SoLow NSL adjustable coilovers and 20 inch wheels, got it all from transporterhq. Rider quality is really good and feels more car like and less wallowing around corners.
View attachment 121847
That’s probably no higher than a Multivan now!!

Mine is on K14 Komfort coilovers at -45mm.

I went down the VW lowering route originally and found it harsh over the front suspension, to the extent I sold the 4x VW lowering coils for £65. The seller asked me why I was selling and I was honest, hence the price, as I wouldn't put them on.

Note the 30mm VW figure is an average (mine dropped by 40mm on the rear and 20mm on the front which was hardly noticeable)

IMG20231202103735.jpg

Mine is on K14 Komfort coilovers at -45mm.

I went down the VW lowering route originally and found it harsh over the front suspension, to the extent I sold the 4x VW lowering coils for £65. The seller asked me why I was selling and I was honest, hence the price, as I wouldn't put them on.

Note the 30mm VW figure is an average (mine dropped by 40mm on the rear and 20mm on the front which was hardly noticeable)

View attachment 121862
That looks a good height to me! What size are the rims?

Thanks for the information, the two set ups I’m thinking of are the SoLow nsl and k14 komfort

That looks a good height to me! What size are the rims?
18in Sportline with 255/45 18..... I didn't want anything bigger as its slightly outside the parameters....

Mike and pjm,

Who are you both insured with and did the changes make much of a difference to your premiums?
Thanks

18" Sportlines and VW 30mm lowering kit - no issues, but was more comfy as stock! :cool:

IMG_1702.jpg

Same as hirsty “18" Sportlines and VW 30mm lowering kit - no issues” but I cannot comment on comfort, it came that way when I bought it :)

83A6FE7A-0EFC-4DE8-9D3D-66414202DFFF.jpeg

Mike and pjm,

Who are you both insured with and did the changes make much of a difference to your premiums?
Thanks
Camping and caravan club and no...apparently a certain allowance is already included within the policy hence the reason why I went the VW OEM route to start ....oddly they seemed to have more concern with a tailgate spoiler, which I don't have. (Front spoiler)

Back