Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vindis Northampton for warranty and service work

Califan61

Califan61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I'm looking for a dealer to handle warranty and service work. We are part way between Coventry and Northampton and was wondering what other cali owners thought of Vindis for workshop tasks?

I understand it can vary and the only reason to ask is Northampton is more convenient as family nearby but do want the better and more knowledgeable Cali T6.1 workshop

warranty Is normally in the hands of some geyser who is trained to say " nah mate, that ain't covered " and don't get fooled into believing that the fact that you have paid for service package up front means that you can get the service work done when YOU want, VW won't authorise it. So for example if you are old school and change the engine oil every year as many people do, get your local garage to do it., it's so much cheaper. There also appears to be an investigation charge to inspect vehicle issues and if it is decided it's a "nah mate" job, not covered under warranty, it can cost in theory 75 quid per item! I kid you not!.

I have used Vindis once , I dropped in on a Sunday, when I was passing, I had an issue with my Old CombI stereo / sat Nav, The sales guy and service were spot on, despite being a Sunday, they fixed the issue promptly and would not take payment! , this was some years ago , but I was impressed by the service they offered. I am assuming they have a Cali tech onsite as they used to sell them?

Vindis are part of a large VW retailer group so they should have a reasonable resource, but as any business it depends on who you deal with. (Who knows since Covid)
report back to help others

Edit: try looking at recent reviews via trust pilot etc !

I have used Vindis once , I dropped in on a Sunday, when I was passing, I had an issue with my Old CombI stereo / sat Nav, The sales guy and service were spot on, despite being a Sunday, they fixed the issue promptly and would not take payment! , this was some years ago , but I was impressed by the service they offered. I am assuming they have a Cali tech onsite as they used to sell them?

Vindis are part of a large VW retailer group so they should have a reasonable resource, but as any business it depends on who you deal with. (Who knows since Covid)
report back to help others

Edit: try looking at recent reviews via trust pilot etc !
Thanks for feedback, I'm not sure if the commercial arm workshop is open at the weekends since covid but good to know you had a good experience. Good point about trust pilot, thanks.

Back