Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre feathering after 2.5k

R

Rob&TC

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Noticing heavy feathering on front tyres, not hit kerb etc. Suspect alignment may have been out at point of delivery. Tyres not correct pressure at delivery - all now running on 3.7 bar. Any one got similar issues with brand new?

@Rob&TC , welcome on board.

If a new van, I would pronto get it back to the dealer and report this problem and get it rectified. Ask for them to replace the tyre that is worn. This may not be a part of the PDI, but definitely something for them to rectify.

I am in the habit of getting all 4 wheels aligned every 12 months. Keeps the tyres in good form.

Enjoy the van!

If a new van, I would pronto get it back to the dealer and report this problem and get it rectified. Ask for them to replace the tyre that is worn. This may not be a part of the PDI, but definitely something for them to rectify.

I am in the habit of getting all 4 wheels aligned every 12 months. Keeps the tyres in good form.

Enjoy the van!
Thanks, we thought as much. PDI? Sorry not familiar

Enjoy the van!
Thanks, still not had PDI report from VW so don’t know if part of inspection. My gut said get it back. Off in van next week so 19th July - will flag Monday and send them a pic. thanks again

Thanks, we thought as much. PDI? Sorry not familiar

Thanks, still not had PDI report from VW so don’t know if part of inspection. My gut said get it back. Off in van next week so 19th July - will flag Monday and send them a pic. thanks again
You may never get the PDI (pre-deliver inspection) report unless it is provided to you during delivery. Do lodge it as an issue/complain with the dealer so that they are aware of it, get an appointment then to get it checked.

The only challenge, the dealers usually take a full-day, and that is a day lost.

Anyways, keep us updated please so that others searching on the same issue may find a solution. :thumb

You may never get the PDI (pre-deliver inspection) report unless it is provided to you during delivery. Do lodge it as an issue/complain with the dealer so that they are aware of it, get an appointment then to get it checked.

The only challenge, the dealers usually take a full-day, and that is a day lost.

Anyways, keep us updated please so that others searching on the same issue may find a solution. :thumb
So tyres examined. Tracking spot for on. Admitted ‘scrubbing’ on outer edge but other wear told normal. Asked me about inflating tyres - told how they were well under on delivery. Got DSG gearbox, axle positioning and Bridgestone tyres ‘softness’. All contributory. Advised other customers rotate front to back - £15 a wheel. Interested in views

So tyres examined. Tracking spot for on. Admitted ‘scrubbing’ on outer edge but other wear told normal. Asked me about inflating tyres - told how they were well under on delivery. Got DSG gearbox, axle positioning and Bridgestone tyres ‘softness’. All contributory. Advised other customers rotate front to back - £15 a wheel. Interested in views
@Rob&TC , If tracking and alignment is spot on, then nothing much you can do about it. It may be the softness of the tyres and the earlier inflation issues that may have caused this.

Tyre rotation is a good practice - but a controversial one, where some say it works and for some it does not.

Personally, I do it. I change tyres every season from Summer to Winter tyres and also rotate. This time I messed it up with my summer tyres, as I had written the tyre number and how to rotate ... but in the 6 months the tyres were in storage, the numberings mysteriously disappeared ... so could not clearly identify which was front left/right or the rears.

For me, the best practice is - front to back and also across i.e: front left to rear right and front right to rear left and vice versa. Hope that helps.

Enjoy the adventures.

Back