Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel Adapter Hexagonal inverter socket / Tent Tent / Duvalay Mattress Topper

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi, can anyone give some advice on these issues:-

Has anyone used this Invertor gadget to charge laptops? http://www.***************.com/product.php?prod=253&cat=25

Can anyone give advice on a good quality Toilet / Shower Tent (bought an Olpro Pop up version - useless)

Has anyone used a Duvalay Mattress Topper (upstairs bedroom) http://www.duvalay.co.uk/Campervans/Campervans-Portable-Mattress-Toppers/5cm-Portable-Topper-77cm

Thanks in anticipation
That link should have been
http://+++++++++++++++++++++++/product.php?prod=253&cat=25

Sorry again the link wasn't working
Travel Adapter for the T5 VW California Hexagonal inverter socket

£16.95

If you can find one you are better off charging your laptop via a 12v adapter rather than the inverter. The inverter just converts 12v to 240v for you to plug in your laptops transformer that converts 240v down to in the case of mine 12v

Alternatively if your laptop uses the standard figure of 8 plug into the transformer you can get a european version of the lead with the hex plug on the other end for about £2 on ebay rather than the £16.95 travel adapter. There was a thread on this recently - I think under the heading of "reversed polarity"

Kyham Toilet,shower tent is nice and easy to use .

Thank you, will take a look.

If you can find one you are better off charging your laptop via a 12v adapter rather than the inverter. The inverter just converts 12v to 240v for you to plug in your laptops transformer that converts 240v down to in the case of mine 12v

Alternatively if your laptop uses the standard figure of 8 plug into the transformer you can get a european version of the lead with the hex plug on the other end for about £2 on ebay rather than the £16.95 travel adapter. There was a thread on this recently - I think under the heading of "reversed polarity"

I agree for my macbook I just bought a specific 12v car charger instead, charges well and doesn't eat as much power as an inverter would.

We've bought Duvalay sleeping bags with inbuilt mattress topper. They are amazingly comfy, more like a duvet with a fixed base, but do take up heaps of room for a family of 4!

We've bought Duvalay sleeping bags with inbuilt mattress topper. They are amazingly comfy, more like a duvet with a fixed base, but do take up heaps of room for a family of 4!

Hi, many thanks for this it is most helpful.

Duvalays are good but wider than VW mattress, less of a problem 'downstairs' but will touch bellows up top might be a problem if raining as could cause moisture to seep through?

Definitely go for a 12v laptop charger.

My macbook would not charge from the inverter adaptor in any case but the 12v is far more flexible.

Good old forum! I was just wondering how I was going to charge my laptop while camping/working in north Norfolk for a week, and have found the answer here. Thanks Jen, Matt & Andy.

We have a Duvalay mattress. It's the one shaped to fit downstairs, but also use it upstairs on occasion. It's a little bulky, but does roll up ok and fits neatly on the back shelf.

Back