Touch screen

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The rhs of my standard touch screen won't work. About half inch all down right side. I can manage but annoying using maps and typing etc. Will the rest of the screen fail? Can it be fixed? Or less hassle to renew the lot?
Also while I'm at it, my washer low fluid light comes on,but then only takes a couple of litres and its full.how big is the bottle? Is this also playing up?

The rhs of my standard touch screen won't work. About half inch all down right side. I can manage but annoying using maps and typing etc. Will the rest of the screen fail? Can it be fixed? Or less hassle to renew the lot?
Also while I'm at it, my washer low fluid light comes on,but then only takes a couple of litres and its full.how big is the bottle? Is this also playing up?
My 2018 Discovery Media Pro developed similar issues shortly after taking out the 2 year All In Warranty/Service/VW Assist/ MOT plan. ;)

Started with a couple of characters A and Z for post code entry becoming dead (left hand side bottom corner) then also started right hand side so that apps and next track button wouldn’t work.
Also sensitivity of screen varies and takes many jabs at screen before a command is recognised.
About to be replaced under All in Warranty

Either DIY screen replacement see post #30 below

or members have used this company

@Perfectos kindly posted in the same thread details of how to remove the unit so that you can extract and send away

Cheers for that

Vehicles without headlight washer system 4.0-5.0 L

Vehicles with headlight washer system 5.0-6.0 L

Vehicles without headlight washer system 4.0-5.0 L

Vehicles with headlight washer system 5.0-6.0 L
No headlamp washer. I'll see what happens when light comes on again

Ive used Andy in Huddersfield to replace the screen. His details are on the T6 forum and If you’re not happy doing it yourself his prices were the cheapest I found.

edit.

Last edited:
well a few squirts of the washers and the light is on again. how does sensor work and is it acessible easilt ?

Does anyone know how to remove the radio. Is it clipped in. Will trim removers work? Or is there screws in the top? Looks.like I'm going to have to send it away for a fix

Does anyone know how to remove the radio. Is it clipped in. Will trim removers work? Or is there screws in the top? Looks.like I'm going to have to send it away for a fix

Re washer fluid sensor - rainex additive can mess up VW sensors

Just discovered the search thing seems to have been fixed, took a while that. Ha

I fixed 3 Discover Media displays already.
Thanks to my knowledge of electronics and a set of good hands.

I fixed 3 Discover Media displays already.
Thanks to my knowledge of electronics and a set of good hands.
Dis you renew the screen? Does it need re aligning maybe? I can take it apart no issues but not sure what to look for with touch screens. Rhs all down 1 side about 1/2 inch in isn't responding. Was going to send away to Ingleby in stockton

Re washer fluid sensor - rainex additive can mess up VW sensors
I never knew that either. I only use standard screenwash in the bottle but rain ex cleaner spray on the screen? It squirts a few times and light comes on but bottle is full

Rainex that you manually wipe and buff of screen is only dilute ipa and simply leaves clean glass. No idea what the screenwash additive contains but the original rainex leaves nothing but clean glass.

Dis you renew the screen? Does it need re aligning maybe? I can take it apart no issues but not sure what to look for with touch screens. Rhs all down 1 side about 1/2 inch in isn't responding. Was going to send away to Ingleby in stockton
It's just a matter of replacing the complete touch/LCD screen.
You have to disassamble the front facia from the unit, and disassemble the complete front.
You can buy the digitizer alone, but I tried this first, and cracked the LCD. It's very tight glued together with a kind of sticky see through substance between the LCD and the digitizer.
Then I just changed the complete screen.

It's not a matter of re aligning. It's a defect in the digitizer. First one part of the screen (on my dad's T6, it was also the right part of the screen) goes dead. Sometimes ghosting, and in the end, almost all of the digitizer was dead. Input was near as impossible to manage.
This repair they won't do at VW, as VW doesn't offer the parts for the unit. They only sell the complete unit for about €3000.

It's just a matter of replacing the complete touch/LCD screen.
You have to disassamble the front facia from the unit, and disassemble the complete front.
You can buy the digitizer alone, but I tried this first, and cracked the LCD. It's very tight glued together with a kind of sticky see through substance between the LCD and the digitizer.
Then I just changed the complete screen.
No need to replace any component.

See Post 15 removal of unit and Post 30 for repair. Link for replacement digitiser Aim thread.

After reading these threads I'm pretty confident I can fix it my self . Do you measure diagonally. Looks.like I need 6.5 inch. Also the digitizer in the link is out of stock.
My part number is 5K7035200G

20240418_102800.jpg

Ordered one off ebay for 30 quid that matched my part number. See how it goes

well i've only gone and fixed it. screen arrived next day (today). using the instructions online i have stuck the new screen over the old one. you can't even tell it's been apart. 30 quid and couple fo hours work. only problem is i somehow got a bit of dust betwixt the new and old screen. i recommend a clean environment to do the job my garage wasn't the best place in hindsight

20240419_121602.jpg

This is the screen I fitted. 6.5 inch is the size

Screenshot_20240421_092911_eBay.jpg

Back