Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

To buy or not to buy ....

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All

We are considering buying our first Cali, either a T6 or a 2/3 year old T5 and then maybe a 180 motion or 140, the possibilities are endless..... Never the less we will have fun choosing

I have been inspired to come on this forum and join by my wife
as she has heard of the famous female Cali owner Granny Jen and her travels and tales of adventure

Welcome to the board. Best advice is have a good read of threads and then fire away with any questions.

Mike

It's only money, lots of money but cheaper than a house and you always sell it if it's not for you, I'm enjoying mine especially as we have sold our house and don't get a new one for 2 months

Hi and welcome , ....ahh @GrannyJen the World War Wine addict , inspired you....:D
Think she spends more time in her Cali than her home!

Welcome.
I guess the first decision to be made is -
1. How much are you going to be using it? High days and Holidays or All Year Round? High annual mileage or Low mileage?

2. If it is going to be all year round and high mileage the a T6 with warranty should be considered.

3. If low milage and high days and holidays then maybe a 2.5 yr old T5.1 is the way forward.

Whichever way you go there is plenty of information on this Forum. Just bear in mind on Internet Forums people tend to post about problems and bad service, we're not so good at posting about things that don't go wrong,good service and the good points.

Enjoy your research and just think of all the adventures you can have.:thumb

Hi All

We are considering buying our first Cali, either a T6 or a 2/3 year old T5 and then maybe a 180 motion or 140, the possibilities are endless..... Never the less we will have fun choosing

I have been inspired to come on this forum and join by my wife
as she has heard of the famous female Cali owner Granny Jen and her travels and tales of adventure

I refuse to take responsibility :shocked

In fact, I have tried to be irresponsible all my life :(

Welcome, a most wonderful place to be, there is more Cali knowledge here than in the whole of the VW hierachy, especially the technical publications department that prints the handbook and that boasts "we use 20% less knowledge than any other competitor, just look at our (fiddled) iq tests"

Hi and welcome , we also spent a long time in disision all the while looking at second hand vans with low mileage but they still command a high price . We built a vwt5 camper from my old work van and used it for three years all over Europe and the U.K. So then the disision was made sell the old van & my car ,and order a brand new California. We are still waiting for it to arrive, but good things come to those that wait , cheers

Back