Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The little jimny project camper

First job was to sort the tailgate door, didn’t open up far enough.
My drawer unit kept hitting door card.
Replaced gas strut with longer one.IMG_4655.jpegIMG_4656.jpeg

Great project! I love it! Keep us posted please! IMO camping is about going out, have a great time with friends and be grateful that we can do so.

Absolutely.
It wasn’t that long ago we couldn’t leave our homes except for 30 minutes of exercise and they painted little arrows on supermarket shopping isle floors…

Keep the posts coming :thumb

Hopefully the odd camping trip to come, once I get my outside box for hiking/wet gear.
Had an issue with front runner order so a little delay, they’re been great sorting it so far

Your VanEssa bag works a treat in the jimny, it was supposed to be for the kombi.
Bet you smile everytime you push the magic roof button now:)
The van shrunk so I got Zeb shrunk to fit!View attachment 112072
Love the mini Zeb :) tbh we still miss a lot about the Beach but the Ocean means we are still able to get out and about:thumb

Love it.

I really wish I’d bought one of these when they were 17k new.
The van version is £17300 ish +vat
I was lucky as Inverness dealer sold me it for book price and not like all the other dealers on autotrader who pre reg and marked them up
£3-£5k

The van version is £17300 ish +vat
I was lucky as Inverness dealer sold me it for book price and not like all the other dealers on autotrader who pre reg and marked them up
£3-£5k
I wanted the 4 seater, I’m sure these were around 17 new?

Such a cool little car.

I wanted the 4 seater, I’m sure these were around 17 new?

Such a cool little car.
Yep, now 2nd hand ones are £25-£30k
You can get the van converted into the 4seater as it’s the same.
Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as the sz5 car (no heated seats, side air bags or satnav).
They are just like an old school defender with a bit of refinement.
Love it!

New mod, and an important one for todays adventure.
Yakima spare wheel bike rack holds two bikes up to 30kg.
IMG_4659.jpegIMG_4657.jpeg
Had to adapt the wheel cover as it would have been very easy to pinch. Guessing the design is more suited for alloy wheel.IMG_4673.jpeg
Last of all got to use it today as headed over to Corgarff for a great ride.
Still needs a few adjustments.IMG_4700.jpegIMG_4701.jpegIMG_4719.jpegIMG_4754.jpeg

View attachment 112217View attachment 112218
Had to adapt the wheel cover as it would have been very easy to pinch. Guessing the design is more suited for alloy wheel.View attachment 112219
Still needs a few adjustments.View attachment 112220View attachment 112221View attachment 112223View attachment 112222
That bike looks massive - forget how small a Jimmy is! Great looking jeep and project though.

Simple but handy mod, yeti 1 gallon bottle carrier fitted in van.
Holds 5L mineral bottle perfect. Have had this in my cali and joker. Pretty cheap for yeti product £40 the yeti bottle isn’t IMG_4973.jpeg

View attachment 112217View attachment 112218
Had to adapt the wheel cover as it would have been very easy to pinch. Guessing the design is more suited for alloy wheel.View attachment 112219
Still needs a few adjustments.View attachment 112220View attachment 112221View attachment 112223View attachment 112222
You need to trade in the Cube for a Yeti SB165 to match your mugs

Back