Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The little jimny project camper

Excellent! Love Yeti gear, that cool box will be close to the list price of your Jimny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a load out box 30 (storage box not a cooler). Has storage pocket on inside of lid, it’s for my hiking gear/wet gear.
Yes was expensive and then I drilled holes in it!
There coolers look great but I have a cheap one I’ve had years covered in memories.IMG_5001.jpegIMG_5002.jpegIMG_5004.jpeg

Sorry, nothing to do with camping, would you recommend a jimnex for someone who has just passed their test? Would be 90% round town driving 9 of the other 10% within 50 miles of home.
I fancy one and my middle daughter has just passed her test and needs a car, I bought an VW up! for her older siblings so have to get her something. It’s either that or a polo.
She is only 4’10” so likes the idea of sitting a bit higher without going to a full SUV

Sorry, nothing to do with camping, would you recommend a jimnex for someone who has just passed their test? Would be 90% round town driving 9 of the other 10% within 50 miles of home.
I fancy one and my middle daughter has just passed her test and needs a car, I bought an VW up! for her older siblings so have to get her something. It’s either that or a polo.
She is only 4’10” so likes the idea of sitting a bit higher without going to a full SUV
My daughter has a polo, she’s had it about 8yrs and it always flies through mot. Very nice to drive.
She definitely wouldn’t want a jimny over a polo!

Jimny is a bit marmite, very agricultural.
It has loads of body roll and it’s very basic. Very much like the old defender.
New ones are classed as commercial so if she’s young insurance maybe an issue. Plus less crash protection no side airbags, no parking sensors, only two seats, changing gear fees old school compared to a polo (big clunky gear stick).

The sz4 or sz5 which they stopped making are classed as cars and have side airbags heated seats satnav. The second hand price is crazy on them.

I would go for polo, or if she wants a jimny go test drive one first. Lots of dealers have pre reg ones so a test drive shouldn't be to difficult.

They are great little 4x4 I’m getting 42-45mpg.
May hate it after the 1000mile round trip to the south coast next month.

Last edited:
My daughter has a polo, she’s had it about 8yrs and it always flies through mot. Very nice to drive.
She definitely wouldn’t want a jimny over a polo!

Jimny is a bit marmite, very agricultural.
It has loads of body roll and it’s very basic. Very much like the old defender.
New ones are classed as commercial so if she’s young insurance maybe an issue. Plus less crash protection no side airbags, no parking sensors, only two seats, changing gear fees old school compared to a polo (big clunky gear stick).

The sz4 or sz5 which they stopped making are classed as cars and have side airbags heated seats satnav. The second hand price is crazy on them.

I would go for polo, or if she wants a jimny go test drive one first. Lots of dealers have pre reg ones so a test drive should be to difficult.

They are great little 4x4 I’m getting 42-45mpg.
May hate it after the 1000mile round trip to the south coast next month.
Vans/commercials are often cheaper to insure for new drivers as they only seat two people. Friends son has a Fiesta van, insurance is half the price of the car version.

Let me know if you get one, they do make you smile more than a polo would.

Bought some great fitted seat covers from escape gear in S/A
Fit just as good as the brandrup Cali ones, comes with a pretty cool bag too.IMG_5019.jpegIMG_5020.jpegIMG_5021.jpeg

Back