Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate Hand Strap Colour

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All,
I had the tailgate deckchair storage replaced under warranty late last year (zips unstitched). When it came back, I think the colour of the strap has changed from grey (as the straps elsewhere in the vehicle) to black. When explaining this to VW, they said they could not find a grey strap listed as a spare part. Just to check, does anyone out there have pictures of their 2014 Calis, that show the tailgate hand strap as definitively grey or black? Any help of suggestions gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

Mine is black also, same colour as the Tailgate chair cover.

All,
I had the tailgate deckchair storage replaced under warranty late last year (zips unstitched). When it came back, I think the colour of the strap has changed from grey (as the straps elsewhere in the vehicle) to black. When explaining this to VW, they said they could not find a grey strap listed as a spare part. Just to check, does anyone out there have pictures of their 2014 Calis, that show the tailgate hand strap as definitively grey or black? Any help of suggestions gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

Hello
We have a Sept 2013 Cali and our tailgate strap snapped on holiday June 2014 replaced under warranty. It's black but my wife said the original was grey and at the time I wasn't worried black or grey.....she still insists it was grey....

Without looking I was sure it was grey on looking found it hand turned black !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it changes colour depending on the vans body colour?

Thanks all. It was definitely grey. I think I will push it with VW.............then again, life is too short!

Ours is black, never noticed what colour it was before; in fact, I don't think I've ever used it ...

Our silver van has a black strap.

Ours is a 2014 Blackberry and has a black strap.

Back