Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 LED daytime running light retrofit bulbs

B

BristolCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
If I fit a retrofit daytime running light LED bulb at 6,000 K on my T6 is it too bright? Will it dazzle? Considering Phillips Ultinon.
Has anyone used these for reverse lights?
Thanks in advance.

If I fit a retrofit daytime running light LED bulb at 6,000 K on my T6 is it too bright? Will it dazzle? Considering Phillips Ultinon.
Has anyone used these for reverse lights?
Thanks in advance.
No one can answer that - 6,000K is the colour not the brightness.

No one can answer that - 6,000K is the colour not the brightness.
Colour options are white, amber or red for these lamps. Only white, white with blue tinge or yellow if it’s in a yellow headlight unit is legal in the UK for a headlight or DRL.

White is subjective which is why manufacturers state colour temperatures alongside the actual colour of the lamp in Kelvin. Phillips call this a white 6,000 K. For accuracy here I am considering a white 6,000 K bulb at 250 lumens.

Between 100 and 300 lumens is the recommended output so 250 sounds fine.

Be aware that strictly speaking light units should only use the original source of light, e.g. a reflector designed for a filament bulb should only use a filament bulb. Reason is the shape of the reflector is designed for a specific size and position of the light source; filament bulbs have a very small and linear light source shape, LEDs will typically be over a much broader area (particularly aftermarket LED bulbs). With DRLs it's probably less of an issue than with vision lights as glare is usually the biggest issue, so you'll probably get away with it at MOT time unless the tester is particularly awkward. Theoretically it's also an excuse for an insurer to wiggle out of a claim if they wanted to, but probably unlikely.

Back