Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Damaged electric pop roof

M

Melinda Rickett

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We have managed to break our electric pop up roof mechanism - the channel holding the hydraulic piston mechanism has broken
Can anyone help with a suggestion for where to purchase a spare parts for this? Thanks

We have managed to break our electric pop up roof mechanism - the channel holding the hydraulic piston mechanism has broken
Can anyone help with a suggestion for where to purchase a spare parts for this? Thanks
Send a picture Melinda. I’m sure theres a few on here with the details you need.

Nearest you would be “Kernow transporters“ (Google it they are based in Cornwall) they deal in second had parts

This was our bill and parts list from VW when we broke our roof (we left a torch up on the shelf and tried to close the roof) :Nailbiting It broke down as labour £418.11 plus parts took it to £480.90 plus VAT took it to a final bill of £577.09. I check very carefully now before dropping the roof.

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

This was our bill and parts list from VW when we broke our roof (we left a torch up on the shelf and tried to close the roof) :Nailbiting It broke down as labour £418.11 plus parts took it to £480.90 plus VAT took it to a final bill of £577.09. I check very carefully now before dropping the roof.

View attachment 96067

View attachment 96068
Goodness - that's huge, but easily done I would imagine! Thanks for sharing super useful!

Send a picture Melinda. I’m sure theres a few on here with the details you need.
Good idea - i'll try to post - I'm new on here so not sure how i do that - I'm sure i can work out though!

Back