Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Synchronising Climatronic Zones

D

dazcleveland

Hey there

I have what I hope is a quick and easy question for one of you to help me with please. I have a 2007 T5 California that we have owned since December 2008 - he's starting to show his age a bit in places but has been well looked after and is still going strong!

So I know there is a way of synchronising the Climatronic air conditioning system so that all 3 zones (Driver, Passenger & Rear) can be maintained at the same temperature and adjusting the Driver's temperature automatically adjusts the other two zones to that same temperature. I know that this is possible because I've done it in the past but for some reason, probably old age senility(!), I am unable to remember which buttons on the unit to press to enable this function.

Apologies if this query is answered somewhere else on the forums but I have been unable to locate the information from searching keywords!

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Hey there

I have what I hope is a quick and easy question for one of you to help me with please. I have a 2007 T5 California that we have owned since December 2008 - he's starting to show his age a bit in places but has been well looked after and is still going strong!

So I know there is a way of synchronising the Climatronic air conditioning system so that all 3 zones (Driver, Passenger & Rear) can be maintained at the same temperature and adjusting the Driver's temperature automatically adjusts the other two zones to that same temperature. I know that this is possible because I've done it in the past but for some reason, probably old age senility(!), I am unable to remember which buttons on the unit to press to enable this function.

Apologies if this query is answered somewhere else on the forums but I have been unable to locate the information from searching keywords!

Do you not have a " Sync" button bottom R?

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 15.59.18.jpg

Hi,
Think your Climatronic controls will be as the photo below from my old 2006 T5 Cali. You press Rear to display and alter the rear temperature, I don’t recall being able to sync the temperatures.
Matt17BF302F-FA69-4A2C-B453-413227C6D771.png

Yes, mine is exactly the same as yours Matt so no Sync button. Like I said, I definitely know it’s possible to do but I can’t for the life of me remember how!! ‍♂️ As soon as you adjust the passenger or rear setting they become independent again.

IMG_4986.jpeg

Yes, mine is exactly the same as yours Matt so no Sync button. Like I said, I definitely know it’s possible to do but I can’t for the life of me remember how!! ‍♂️ As soon as you adjust the passenger or rear setting they become independent again.

View attachment 118633
An old school compass. Next you'll confirm you use OS for navigation. I remember learning to orienteer in the cub scouts. A good skill to acquire.

What does the 'REAR' button do?

An old school compass. Next you'll confirm you use OS for navigation. I remember learning to orienteer in the cub scouts. A good skill to acquire.

What does the 'REAR' button do?
You're never lost with a compass matey!! SatNav can get you into all sorts of mishaps!!

The "REAR" button allows you to independently select the temperature, fan speed etc for the heating / air con in the back seat.

Complete guess, but have you tried pushing both hot or both cold buttons at the same time?

Hey there

If it has an “auto” button, hold it down for several seconds

By jove I’ve cracked it…. thanks to a combination of advice from the previous two posts. If you press and hold “Auto” and either the hot or cold button adjacent to it for several seconds, the settings for all 3 zones are synchronised. Adjusting the driver’s side temperature or fan speed also adjusts it for the passenger and rear.

Thanks everyone for your responses and help. Hope this is useful for others not aware of this function, which is not mentioned in the VW handbook!

Back