Stupid scrape.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Amarillo picked up a couple of nasty and stupid battle scars during our recent trip to Devon and Cornwall.

Overnight I rested the bikes against the side of the van and locked them to the rear wheel. Previously this had been fine with our Bromptons, but this time we took our touring bikes. With the boys having a pillow fight upstairs, and rocking and rolling the van while doing so, the rear luggage rack of my bike scraped the paint down to the metal in an unsightly gouge.

I treat our van as a tool, not an object of art, and consider the odd ding or bump character building, however, this scrape really does need attention.

What is the most cost effective way to get it fixed?

Amarillo picked up a couple of nasty and stupid battle scars during our recent trip to Devon and Cornwall.

Overnight I rested the bikes against the side of the van and locked them to the rear wheel. Previously this had been fine with our Bromptons, but this time we took our touring bikes. With the boys having a pillow fight upstairs, and rocking and rolling the van while doing so, the rear luggage rack of my bike scraped the paint down to the metal in an unsightly gouge.

I treat our van as a tool, not an object of art, and consider the odd ding or bump character building, however, this scrape really does need attention.

What is the most cost effective way to get it fixed?
I would look at getting a quote from a “smart repairer” like Chips Away.

Trade it in Tom, must be time for an upgrade if that's what the T6.1 is?

Noooo! Get the damage repaired and stick with the T6. Less complicated and less outlay required.

Trade it in Tom, must be time for an upgrade if that's what the T6.1 is?

Sell for £40,000 and buy for £70,000 and replace a puppy chewed handbrake lever cover for a second sliding door!?

Nope. I’ll stick with what we have and remember the puppy we no longer have every time I use the handbrake.

Sell for £40,000 and buy for £70,000 and replace a puppy chewed handbrake lever cover for a second sliding door!?

Nope. I’ll stick with what we have and remember the puppy we no longer have every time I use the handbrake.
Agreed Tom. Can't see us buying another Cali at the current prices which has led me to look at Hymer' Adria and Pilote 4 berths around 6m long although that said wouldn't be buying anything in the current market.

Best of luck with the repair must be annoying.

Treat the bare metal with matching touch up paint before it starts to rust.

My Ayers Rock lasted 5 days before collecting his first battle honour.

Reversing tight against my son's garage door I forgot about the protruding gutter and the extra 0.6m of height I was now driving around in.

I'm hoping he doesn't notice his loosened gutter or the matching colour go faster stripes high on the side of the van. As he's going to be the first to borrow it I'm hoping I can blame it on him :D

Back