Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strange noise when turning right

Algor

Algor

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I have a strange noise occurring from the front of the van when turning right. I can only describe the noise as sounding like a seal barking. If the van is static I can turn the wheels full lock and it doesn't happen so it is only when moving. I am assuming it is either something rubbing or is bush related. The van is 3 weeks old and as yet unmodified. I did contact my local Van centre this morning and they said they would get a technician to ring me back but of course they didn't, she also told me that the earliest inspection date would be the 15th March. I could take it back to the dealer I bought it from but that would require a day off work.

Have any of you experienced this?

Try VW assist, ring them & tell them you are extremely worried about driving it. If you are lucky they will send someone to you to have a look.

That's a good idea Andy, thanks. I will do that tomorrow if no one knows what it is. I am rather hoping it is just in need of a little WD40 somewhere.

You haven't run over a seal per chance?

As has already been said call VW assist. If they refuse to respond, which is unlikely, then you're going to have to take it back as it's a warranty issue. New vans don't usually bark, they supposed to go go brrm brrm instead.

@Algor and if VW assist say it needs to go to the dealer they will get you sorted before 15th March.

Back