Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage boxes for bench seat drawer (2 seat)

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Any good recomendations for a snug fitting set of organising boxes that fit nicely in the 2 seat bench drawer (photos too if possible)?

Ive got my eye on 3 (2 big 1 small) UPPDATERA from Ikea, but Im wondering if there is a better combination.

Thanks all.

Any good recomendations for a snug fitting set of organising boxes that fit nicely in the 2 seat bench drawer (photos too if possible)?

Ive got my eye on 3 (2 big 1 small) UPPDATERA from Ikea, but Im wondering if there is a better combination.

Thanks all.
This is what I did and allows for a tv to be stored on top in a cushioned case

I have one one these bowls, which is also useful as an outside washing up bowl :)

I think two should fit side by side but not tried it.

Just ordered a selection of these (after some OCD placement design work).. will report back if they fit well.

Post a pic of how they fit when you get them please!
For comparison these are the IKea ones that allow an item to be stored on top

IMG_7001.jpegIMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_7002.jpeg

Quite a tight fit, but workable. I have non-slip sheet inderneath and although it only gains about 2-3mm, I trim off the four plastic studs on the underside of each of the four boxes.

1711655725283.jpeg1711655886829.jpeg

bin 5.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks useful! Can you get the wand in and out without removing the boxes? And, can you stack one box inside another and still close the drawer (to keep the space flexible)?
On wand 'in and out', yes if the boxes are not rammed full, haven't tried them in the latter scenario but probably still yes: although taking boxes out is anyway easy (having 4 of them helps) so I can't see a problem either way.

Yes they stack but no not in the drawer - the second photos demonstrates just how tight it is. Care needs to be taken to ensure the lips are neither over each other or on a drawer ridge. You obviously cannot put an IKEA optional lid on and then close the draw, either.

But with careful opening and closing the four boxes are a perfect fit whilst having enough space to enable easy individual removal.

They do slide around on the steel drawer floor, hence the non slip mat (which is describe as 4mm thick but compresses to less with weight):

Last edited:
Back