Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Static roof load limit?

F

Fikabonds_swe

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I am trying to find what the static roof load limit is for the T6.1 Ocean with the roof closed.

I will be installing a front runner platform on the Ocean and got the idea of sitting on the platform to get a better view but I have no idea what the static load rating is. the 50kg is the dynamic rating, maybe the same?

I am trying to find what the static roof load limit is for the T6.1 Ocean with the roof closed.

I will be installing a front runner platform on the Ocean and got the idea of sitting on the platform to get a better view but I have no idea what the static load rating is. the 50kg is the dynamic rating, maybe the same?
See Post 1

See Post 1

It doesnt mention static weight with roof down. 50kg is the dynamic load.

It doesnt mention static weight with roof down. 50kg is the dynamic load.
I don’t think you will find anything from VW indicating a higher Static load weight for the California with its aluminium roof, unlike for the Transporter.

You should be ok with a fairly large static load, the weight doesn't get applied to the aluminium part of the roof but via the rails onto the closing catches.

As those catches are designed to take 50kg whilst the van is doing an emergency stop the load they should be able to take should substantial.

How much are you thinking of putting up there?

As a starter, pre about 2015 VW stated maximum 100kg with roof down or 50KG with it up but revised it for newer vans.