Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar Panels on California Beach Camper

B

Bottleofred

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Has anyone any experience of having solar panels fitted to the California Beach Camper?

Many thanks for any advice

I saw a few companies make a frame to hold a flexible solar panel on the roof rail track

Yes, I built a 130W panel onto an aluminium frame and fitted it onto our T6.1 Beach. Generally provides enough power to run our Dometic fridge without hookup. It required a little bit of research but it wasn't that hard to do.

I would have happily purchased from Solarcampersolutions but I fancied the challenge of doing it myself and I don't live in the UK.

Has anyone any experience of having solar panels fitted to the California Beach Camper?

Many thanks for any advice

I believe it isn't any different from solar panels on any of the other California's? Other then the fact that the beach has only a single battery (if i remember correctly). There's a gazillion threads on here from people that have solar panels fitted, so you should be able to find loads of information about it. The search function isnn't working right now though, which makes it harder to find older threads. You could try google and use something like this:

inurl:www.vwcaliforniaclub.com solar panels

Is there any specific information you are looking for? Experience with vendors, DIY, information on how long you can last without EHU, etc?

@Roger Donoghue at solarcampersolutions is the person to speak to. His kits are straightforward to install and are removable if you ever need to take them off the roof.

I got mine from solarcampersolutions about a month ago. Found a video on YouTube of it being fit to a beach camper and that combined with the instructions Roger sends, it was easy to fit.

So far, so good!