Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door recess dogs dinner

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi. While on our first camp in our new Coast this weekend I happened to glance in the recession where the sliding door runners go.

I can't remember exactly what our previous Beach looked like in there but the Coast is a dogs dinner in there...barely looks finished and there's viable rivets (which might not be clear on the photo).

Havent decided yet if its something worth moaning to vw about or just never look there again.

Anyone else got a similar mess in there?

Cheers
Tony

20220622_135836.jpg

hi Casper,

your photo is not clear at all, I can’t see any particular issue.

I presume you mean the middle runner that is hidden behind the external long panel that runs from the back of the slider to the rear of the van ?

if so there is a mid rail that is attached to the main body chassis panel, ( riveted), the external decor panel obviously covers the runner ( unlike other vans), the rail is simply attached to the body then covered up with the body coloured decor panel.

at the rear of the slider, on the C Pillar the body panels profiled & jointed which can look different on some vans.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Sorry. Camera was having a bit of trouble focusing up close. Better now. More pics here. Still looks a bit rough to me.
If that looks normal I'll forget about it. Just preparing myself for questions in a few years when we sell.

Cheers

20220622_162821.jpg

20220622_162845.jpg

20220622_162827.jpg

Sorry. Camera was having a bit of trouble focusing up close. Better now. More pics here. Still looks a bit rough to me.
If that looks normal I'll forget about it. Just preparing myself for questions in a few years when we sell.

Cheers

View attachment 94986

View attachment 94987

View attachment 94988
What you can see on the horizontal panel facing upwards are spot weld depressions.

the slightly bumpy curv is perfectly normal and can vary from Van to Van

i think you can also see some body sealant at the base of the runner, designed to seal panels where they meet / join and is sprayed over prior to the body shell fit out with runners etc

to me it looks normal (every van is slightly different) a light coloured paint may well help show up every blemish

Have a watch of this video, it shows how the van is constructed and shows the assembly process which should set your mind at rest

Back