Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sidebars and front splitter

LRGS253

LRGS253

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I fitted sidebars and front splitter to my Cali over the Christmas period. Some of you will like it and some not, but I thought I would post so you can see. The sidesteps are about 2 hours per side to fit. The quality of the brackets and fixings was high and brackets made from 6mm stainless steel plate. You can stand on them they are that solid. You only need to undo the fastenings of the plastic undertrays on the outboard side. There are a lot of mud traps that need a good clean. Surprisingly the cills are waxoiled from the factory. I filled all of the cavities with Dinitrol 3125. You will need to cut the undertrays with a Dremel, but not to difficult. Remove the bungs for the bracket fixings and drill a hole trough the middle of them so you can push them back in to prevent water entering the cill.

Side steps before..jpgSide steps and splitter..jpg

Cill 1.jpg

Cill 2.jpg

Cill 4.jpg

Cill 6.jpg

Cill 5.jpg

Cill 8.jpg

Cill 9.jpg

We fitted sidebars to out previous T5 conversion. Still pondering with the Cali.

Anyway, the sidebars were fitted by a friend of mine who runs a commercial body shop. He suggested they were a popular target for thieves if the van is parked on the road or accessible driveway. He recommended adding a dab of solder to the fixings to make them harder to remove outside if a workshop, which he did for us. Obviously not everyone will want to do that, but just a thought to add to the mix

We fitted sidebars to out previous T5 conversion. Still pondering with the Cali.

Anyway, the sidebars were fitted by a friend of mine who runs a commercial body shop. He suggested they were a popular target for thieves if the van is parked on the road or accessible driveway. He recommended adding a dab of solder to the fixings to make them harder to remove outside if a workshop, which he did for us. Obviously not everyone will want to do that, but just a thought to add to the mix
It has probably got better now they are cheaper at about £150.

Back