Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door table catch

simplybikes

simplybikes

Hi folks.....has anybody removed the interior sliding door panel?
The catch that holds the table has a nasty habit of sticking and I want to get at it to have a look
at it. All I can see are 3 screws on the underneath of the door and before I remove them I
want to be sure I don't knacker anything. Anybody done this job before?

Try and search here
https://wimkoelman.wordpress.com
There could be something on that site...
I am on a campsite in France at the moment otherwise i did some more search for you...
Not that good wifi here....

I have a similar issue that it is getting increasingly hard to remove my table from the side door.....anyone got any suggestions of how to resolve?

Hi folks.....has anybody removed the interior sliding door panel?
The catch that holds the table has a nasty habit of sticking and I want to get at it to have a look
at it. All I can see are 3 screws on the underneath of the door and before I remove them I
want to be sure I don't knacker anything. Anybody done this job before?

having the same issue - did you ever find a solution?

Undo all the screws then it pulls off, it needs quite a hard pull I started from the bottom corner it is held on with plastic plugs not the same ones as the door cards so they are reusable.

I too had this problem.
There were days when it simply wouldn't release.
It hasn't gone away but improved a little by spraying simonize stuff into the cavity in the vicinity of the working parts. I thought of doing white grease but thought that was a little excessive.
I might take off the card and have a look one day.
Anybody done that?

Jeff when you took off the card what moving parts did you see that connect to the handle that releases the table? What needs freeing up, releasing, whatever? Is it rust that the problem or what?

It was a couple of years ago. Think it was a simple lift up catch with a couple of springs and metal bar . No rust I think biggest problem is panel bending when trying to lift catch up to get table out .

When I got my third-hand cali the table was in the back - because the catch was stuck. Tried to fix it and then did not try to get new parts because I thought the problem woud not be solved by a new catch.

I glued two super-magnets to the door and two small metal plates on the table. Side effect: no rattle from the table in the door.

IMG_0133.jpg

Removed the catch and riveted a strap to the table

IMG_0134.jpg

Fixed the magnets with double sided TESA outdoor tape. These ugly old magnets are for 'testing'. Two shiny new magnets are on order.

Back