Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side/back window insulation (T6.1 beach)

P

PhilW

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I'm looking for interior panels for the side/back windows (I'd use an external cover for the front), to insulate and reduce condensation. The only option I've found is Brandrup and they seem to be poorly designed, in that they use velcro strips which would be difficult to use, plus I don't want velcro strips on my windows, when a well fitting panel would stay in place anyway, especially with the window blinds down. Anyone know of other options here? Many thanks

Do you need them over the double glazing?

I'm looking for interior panels for the side/back windows (I'd use an external cover for the front), to insulate and reduce condensation. The only option I've found is Brandrup and they seem to be poorly designed, in that they use velcro strips which would be difficult to use, plus I don't want velcro strips on my windows, when a well fitting panel would stay in place anyway, especially with the window blinds down. Anyone know of other options here? Many thanks
Look into internal thermal screen for a Multivan / caravelle, they have exactly the same window same / size and are available as sets.

The Brandrup ones seem to stay in fine without the velcro. They are a little oversized so push into place and seem to stay there. I'd probably want to use tge velcro on the opening doors though to safeguard against a sudden gust of wind when the door is open

Have you thought about window bags for the rear side windows? They do make it feel very cozy at night as well. The ones made by Thais even have insulation on the back as an optional extra.
I have a SolarPlexius panel on the rear window, which although not insulating as such, it does provide an extra layer against the glass.

Have you thought about window bags for the rear side windows? They do make it feel very cozy at night as well. The ones made by Thais even have insulation on the back as an optional extra.
I have a SolarPlexius panel on the rear window, which although not insulating as such, it does provide an extra layer against the glass.
Yes I got a Vanessa bag, unfortunately can only fit one. It squeezes in on the passenger side because the window is more recessed, but the wide mattress of the beach would be too much encumbered on the driver side. Ah well. Thanks for the suggestion!