Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing in Kent

LadySmiff

LadySmiff

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All, we’ve been using SMG in Tonbridge for servicing since we got our Cali 6 years ago but the service (sorry!) has really slipped the last couple of years.

We’re considering using VW in either Ashford or Dartford, does anyone have any experience with them?

We’ve got the All in plan for 2 years so we’re stuck with VW until that’s up.

Thanks

What slipped at SMG, I used them for the first service last year and seem to go ok, but nothing to judge against as first time I have used them for a service.

Be interested in Ashford as a little nearer if they will service a Cali.

Hi @Van Diesel VW

We've used them since we got the van (2018) but the last few times we've had issues with the customer service. We book a courtesy vehicle and then it isn't available when we turn up so have to rebook, that's happened twice. We're told the work will be done that day, we turn up at 5pm and it isn't going to be ready until the next day....another wasted trip.

We've asked for the tracking & balancing to be checked twice, it's not been done. And they never wash it any more!

Aside from that they're fine :)

Hi @Van Diesel VW

We've used them since we got the van (2018) but the last few times we've had issues with the customer service. We book a courtesy vehicle and then it isn't available when we turn up so have to rebook, that's happened twice. We're told the work will be done that day, we turn up at 5pm and it isn't going to be ready until the next day....another wasted trip.

We've asked for the tracking & balancing to be checked twice, it's not been done. And they never wash it any more!

That's a shame...I was going to move to SMG Tonbridge after Alan Day New Southgate charged £700 to replace a NOx sensor munched by a fox, despite their technician putting in writing that the new soy-based pipes are manna to vermin.
Probably cutting off my nose to spite my face because they've otherwise been ok, and I have a case lodged with the motor ombudsman, so that will sort itself out on its own (or not).

The past 2 years, I have used CVS at Canterbury. Nothing untoward to report. Service due again in July, so will be able to report back again shortly.

Hi @Van Diesel VW

Not washing is a positive!

Hi @Van Diesel VW

I never allow garages to wash my car / van !

The past 2 years, I have used CVS at Canterbury. Nothing untoward to report. Service due again in July, so will be able to report back again shortly.
Interesting, as CVS are nearer to me than SMG, may give them a call when service due at the end of the year.

Hi @Van Diesel VW

Thanks for the update, mine was washed on last service, but as I had a ceramic coating on perhaps should have asked them not to. I didn’t request a courtesy vehicle, wanted it done whilst I wait, or to be correct whilst I had a breakfast. In my case all went ok for first service and didn’t have any warranty issues that required work. Many issue for me is location, so may try CVS Canterbury next time which are a lot nearer.

Thanks for the update, mine was washed on last service, but as I had a ceramic coating on perhaps should have asked them not to. I didn’t request a courtesy vehicle, wanted it done whilst I wait, or to be correct whilst I had a breakfast. In my case all went ok for first service and didn’t have any warranty issues that required work. Many issue for me is location, so may try CVS Canterbury next time which are a lot nearer.
I used Canterbury all the time when van was under warranty. They have always been good to me. The master mechanic is very knowledgable and helpful (if you can ever get to him - he's always pretty busy) and the customer service team are always willing to help.

One place I would never use is Sittingbourne - they completely messed up a Caravelle I had in for a water pump and cambelt change and were absolutely useless. This was years ago (so they might have improved) but I'd never go back.

Back