Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scorchio

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Using our Pucer thermal cover to keep the scorching heat off the dash and interior during the current heatwave.

7DB4C480-678B-4CCA-9BCA-5E970599DE44.jpeg

Using our Pucer thermal cover to keep the scorching heat off the dash and interior during the current heatwave.

View attachment 81693
Did exactly the same today morning. Going up to 30 deg C here. Have also rolled down the windows a notch for better air circulation inside.

Gets better in the next few days ... and looking forward to some cooler days.

PXL_20210719_101232395.jpg

I do love the pano roof, especially as it gives an escape route for wasps etc.

On this theme, out of interest does anyone use the canvas over-roof type of topper in hot weather? I don’t have one, have thought about getting one for very cold or very wet conditions, but do they at all work to insulate against heat? Thanks for any comments.

I do love the pano roof, especially as it gives an escape route for wasps etc.

Yes and the evening moths. They have huge great ones here that love a bed time tour of the van.

On this theme, out of interest does anyone use the canvas over-roof type of topper in hot weather? I don’t have one, have thought about getting one for very cold or very wet conditions, but do they at all work to insulate against heat? Thanks for any comments.
The rainbow screens covers are silver on the reverse side - we found putting them on silver side up made the van significantly cooler. I'm still not 100% sure on the faff/volume they take up though - we're still experimenting.

Our Pucer pop-top cover is silver as per the windscreen cover. Not used ours yet but imagine it might keep the temperature down?

Our Pucer pop-top cover is silver as per the windscreen cover. Not used ours yet but imagine it might keep the temperature down?
Only a bit. The Cali is still only a metal van with no insulation, so if its 30 degrees outside its likely to be the same, if not hotter inside the van. Best to open the roof, boot, and windows so try to get a breeze blowing thru....and make sure the beers are well chilled.

Back