Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scam!!

P

pearcejim

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My Cali Beach is for sale on this site and I had an enquiry today which is surely a scam so thought I'd share!!!!!

Thanks for the quick response about the product am buying from you,anyway the price is OK by me but i will like you to know that payment will be made by cheque.. If this mode of payment is OK by you. Kindly send your information which you will like to receive the payment from the post man, so that
i can instruct my secretary to issued it immediately

Name to be on cheque....
Address where cheque....will be received by you:.......
Phone Number's such as Mobile,Land line and Office number:....
Asking Price.........

Never mind about the pick up, it will be after you must have cleared the payment from your Bank Account. Await your Quick Response so that i can arrange for the payment immediately.

Thanks and Get back

good on you for posting to make others aware

You’ll get the “you’ve won the Ugandan lottery” one next week

then your” long lost uncle from South Africa”

by the way did you receive my Cheque?
if not give my your bank account number, sort code , full name and first pets name and I’ll transfer some money !

from your account!

:Iamsorry

Last edited:
Happens regularly

They‘re even worse on Facebook marketplace. By worse I mean even less plausible, and so frequent. I reckon every item I’ve posted for sale I get at least two of these. They usually want me to insure the £10 item for £100. Seems a bargain !

That scam is so awful it is almost funny. I say almost because somebody today will fall for it, poor bugger.
I have no sympathy for these low lifes.
Thanks for alerting everybody on this forum.

Back