Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rotating passenger seat only clicks in at 180 degrees on the T6.1 Ocean. My old T6 used to click in facing in slightly, which was better.

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi, a little while ago I switched from a T6 to a T6.1 Ocean. I’m well familiar with it now, but one thing I don’t like is that the passenger seat (UK/NZ model - ie passenger's seat on the left) only locks in at 180 degrees. That’s actually too far around, so when I sit in it, my knees hit the cupboard. The seat on the T6 used to lock in facing in slightly, anyone know why the change, and any easy ways to adjust where it locks (other than angle grinding in another notch)?

Watching this, as it’s true, would love to find out a way to have it a bit off 180 degs.

@WaikatoCalifornia was your T6 perhaps modified?

Every Cali I’ve been in - and I’ve been in quite a few from T5.1, T6 and T6.1 - only locks at 180 forwards or backwards.

I do agree that a different lock position would be useful in Ocean. No need in Beach.

Ours only locks at 180, but it will go past that and face in a bit.

Once is jammed between the waste bin and the coats hanging on the back, it doesn’t move at all past a comfortable 45 degrees :thumb

Don’t lock it - we just face in slightly and don’t let it go all the way to lock.

The next California version solves this with its shorter kitchen console, but at the expense (if the concept is anything to go by) of the handy sliding table.

Back