Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof fault 1000 now won't open - Midlands area

1hipp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone had any recent success finding somewhere to fix a faulty roof sensor when the roof won't open? Ideally in the Midlands or not too far away. I saw a couple of threads that mentioned Cornwall and Glasgow or ones that seemed a bit dated so not sure if the technicians would still be working there.

After getting the 1000 error code the roof did still work but said it wasn't closed when it was, and beeped all the time, or when moving off at least.

VW Van Centre Coventry to looked at it, and establish that yes everything was ok and it was probably a sensor, we got it back and it no longer goes up. It went back again to be repaired but as it no longer lifts they did not know what to do so we got it back again and now they have said rather than £1,100 to replace the wiring loom and sensors, it will now by over £3k. And I think they have disconnected the leisure battery as now nothing electrical camper related works.

I'm a bit worried about going to another place to spend more money and time unless I'm reasonably confident they know what they are doing.

If anyone has had a similar issue resolved somewhere, VW or independent or could recommend. Ideally midlands or at least somewhere I could take and have fixed and get back in a day.

Did you see this thread?

Did you see this thread?
Thanks Corradobrit, I did. Awesome information, but still feels like way more than I could do myself and might get into even more of a pickle. But it also looked like they were still still able to open and close the roof from the control panel to get it open and do the work. I did see a post about hooking up to the mains to get the roof to open, but again feel like that is way outside my DIY ability.

Hi, yes I was lucky that the roof still opened.
If you do open it what were you planning to do?
There is a way of manually opening the roof with a hidden screw behind the control panel. Quite fiddly I imagine. People have done it but unfortunately the forum search function isn’t working.
The sensors swap is something an auto electrician could do (look on Google for a local one). You may need to buy the sensors first. Otherwise it’s an expensive trip to the dealer. Or there is a place on the south coast that fixes them.

This is full instructions with part numbers.

Hi, yes I was lucky that the roof still opened.
If you do open it what were you planning to do?
There is a way of manually opening the roof with a hidden screw behind the control panel. Quite fiddly I imagine. People have done it but unfortunately the forum search function isn’t working.
The sensors swap is something an auto electrician could do (look on Google for a local one). You may need to buy the sensors first. Otherwise it’s an expensive trip to the dealer. Or there is a place on the south coast that fixes them.
Thank you, I wish I was a bit closer to the south coast or could find someone like that a bit closer.
If I did get it open, I was planning on getting someone else to fix it. Although I think at this rate I might be doing it all myself. I tried a couple of local auto electricians but they weren't interested in touching it. I will keep looking though. I'd happily even go to a dealer if I had confidence in them in this repair too.

Thank you, I wish I was a bit closer to the south coast or could find someone like that a bit closer.
If I did get it open, I was planning on getting someone else to fix it. Although I think at this rate I might be doing it all myself. I tried a couple of local auto electricians but they weren't interested in touching it. I will keep looking though. I'd happily even go to a dealer if I had confidence in them in this repair too.
That’s pretty much what I thought. I don’t trust them at all with anything except an oil change.
It is possible to do.

Though search function on forums broken if you type things into Google it sends you to forum pages-

This might help.

The method used to open the roof when a sensor has failed is to remove the Control Panel and apply a 12v supply to the Hydraulic motor/pump directly. This just powers the motor bypassing the sensor control.

Anyone had any recent success finding somewhere to fix a faulty roof sensor when the roof won't open? Ideally in the Midlands or not too far away. I saw a couple of threads that mentioned Cornwall and Glasgow or ones that seemed a bit dated so not sure if the technicians would still be working there.

After getting the 1000 error code the roof did still work but said it wasn't closed when it was, and beeped all the time, or when moving off at least.

VW Van Centre Coventry to looked at it, and establish that yes everything was ok and it was probably a sensor, we got it back and it no longer goes up. It went back again to be repaired but as it no longer lifts they did not know what to do so we got it back again and now they have said rather than £1,100 to replace the wiring loom and sensors, it will now by over £3k. And I think they have disconnected the leisure battery as now nothing electrical camper related works.

I'm a bit worried about going to another place to spend more money and time unless I'm reasonably confident they know what they are doing.

If anyone has had a similar issue resolved somewhere, VW or independent or could recommend. Ideally midlands or at least somewhere I could take and have fixed and get back in a day.

Try Links Automotive in Macclesfield they say they can fix the roof 1000 fault ,an indy VW garage