Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

roof corrosion

shaun5

shaun5

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello all, our new Beach to be picked up in a couple of weeks was registered in June''14.
Would the roof be susceptible to corrosion or have VW sorted the problem out at source ?

We still have reports of corrosion on late 2014 Cali's so it would be worth giving it a good check over on collection. If you do find anything I would not let it put you off however you may be able to negotiate a bit more off the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello from the far side of the big pond. As the owner of the 1st Cali in the watery province of British Columbia, looking into the potential roof corrosion on my 2005 is critical for the coming spring. Does anyone have a spec for the tape used by the dealers for protecting the roof from direct contact with the seal? If it is a 3M product I can probably source it locally - getting things out of Britiain these days can be dicey and often prolonged due to 'the'Rona'. Thanks, all.

Some reading

Hello from the far side of the big pond. As the owner of the 1st Cali in the watery province of British Columbia, looking into the potential roof corrosion on my 2005 is critical for the coming spring. Does anyone have a spec for the tape used by the dealers for protecting the roof from direct contact with the seal? If it is a 3M product I can probably source it locally - getting things out of Britiain these days can be dicey and often prolonged due to 'the'Rona'. Thanks, all.
3 x 25mm x 3m rolls

Back