Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof corrosion - in the que

T

Tntoast

VIP Member
ive been allocated no 33 for about a year now with heritage.
Does anyone know what number they are up to?p

I don't think there is an actual queue system anymore, best thing is to call VWCS to find out where you are on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last email the club had from VW Head Office was that the list system had been removed from the body shops and they should not be quoting where people are in the list as you may no longer have the repair done at your allocated bodyshop. Some people that were on the list with Heritage ended up having the repair done at Shorade and vice versa.

I got told I was no 33 12 months ago, I got this re confirmed last week by VW customer services. So unless that advice is very recent, they are still referring to the list.
I told them I needed a firmer date as I was thinking about selling the van, their advice was to sell the van knowing it will be fixed eventually, or, sell at a lower price to reflect the corrosion. GENIUS!,

Heritage will take your van on Monday if you don't need a loan van.
Call 01373 253188 and ask to speak to Darren.

Alan

We were 64 on list at Heritage, ours was done in February. Sounds like the list is pointless ?

Really?, how do you know that, have you been dealing with them?.
Maybe don't need a loaner Cali but do need a vehicle.
I'll give him a ring.

Thanks

We were at 82 at Heritage until I said I didn't need a loan van, then the van was collected the next day

Billy, thanks for that, I'll give them a ring and see wtf is going on.
I'm getting bored of it all now to be honest!

Alan, It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd have been told that as well!?
Saying that, it's not a heritage gripe as I've never spoken to them, I was told by VW not to contact heritage as they would contact me.

Maybe it was because I did not have a loan Cali? Also I had my claim confirmed back in January 2014 so I am not sure why I was so far up the list in the first place. All a bit of a mess!

Hi Tntoast,

Like everyone else, I was wondering were we were on the repair list once Breeze had got approval from VWCS back in June 2014. I have been told by the Breeze Poole warrantee manager that we had been assigned to Heritage and had spoken to them directly back in July as I was foolishly worried about our planned holiday in Europe in August!

Just on the spur of the moment I rang Heritage earlier this year to see where we were on the list. When I discovered we were 82nd, I asked where we would be if we didn't need a loan van. To my surprise Darren said, could he arrange for it to be collected tomorrow.

He did check with Breeze first, but within the hour he confirmed the collection date and 9 days later the van was back clean and repaired.

The delay in the whole procedure is the 2 loan vans that VW have supplied each of the 4 repairers. If these are unavailable, then no one that needs one will get down the repair list very fast.

I would ignore VWCS and ring Heritage direct. They are very friendly and helpful.

Alan

Sounds like the good old British queue is a thing of the past

was talking about this to VW yesterday.....in pipeline are more approved bodyshops, more trained technicians, more capability in current bodyshops, and as bodyshops get into swing throughput has been increasing but it is still 30+ hours tools on labour not including strip prep paint refit etc
They are working to a target of clearing 50% of all cases logged by mid 2015...so basically things are moving faster now
Also all vehicles in for front panel only now automatically should have edges of the roof itself under the seal examined and approved / done at same time by bodyshop...but worth checking this will happen when taken in.
also I think the new style dealerships being planned that will sell Cali models (not every van centre as currently) will mean in future things will be actioned more efficiently and smoothly by staff fully genned up on the model..

Been of and on the so called system for 2 years ... thanks to them losing my details 3 times !!!!
Words fail me.
Been wanting to sell the van for last 12 months and after numerous calls and rants, the best VW can do is send a letter confirming the work will be carried out under warranty.
Meanwhile 12 months depreciation later I'm Still Waiting !!
Shame on you Volkswagen !!

I told Heritage I didn't need a loan van a couple of months ago. They still haven't came back. Unfortunately now the summers here I will need one. The big thing that's bugging me is how long the repair work will be covered for under the warranty as at this rate it's going to be six years before they get round to it? I'm assuming. At worst it will be a further 6 years from the date it was reported?

I am told I am on the waiting list and that there is a two year wait. I was not given a number for my place on the waiting list. I registered last month for the roof corrosion at Birmingham VW Vans. Does anyone have any advice?

Back