Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bellows removal.

Ozzy Pete

Ozzy Pete

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Has anyone removed the roof bellows themselves? I need to do some work on the front panel and it’s almost impossible to get to without trestles and planks.
I don’t need to take it completely off only the bottom part at the front.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I have replaced them myself. I found it quite hard to remove but certainly possible without damage. A combination of pulling and levering with plastic trim tools

I have replaced them myself. I found it quite hard to remove but certainly possible without damage. A combination of pulling and levering with plastic trim tools
I only want to remove the front bottom part to work on the front panel then replace it. What plastic trim tools did you use.

I only want to remove the front bottom part to work on the front panel then replace it. What plastic trim tools did you use.
It’s glued just above the B pillars where u see the join in the aluminium channel. You should be able to sufficiently open the front enough to avoid touching that and still give the required access.

I used the generic cheap plastic trim tool set from eBay. The front corner tops are the easiest bits to remove.
At the bottom I'd probably try with two people at the corners, one inside and one outside both levering and tensioning the canvas

I mainly used the left most one - wider so less likely to damage the rubber.

Screenshot_20220726-093626.jpg

I used the generic cheap plastic trim tool set from eBay. The front corner tops are the easiest bits to remove.
At the bottom I'd probably try with two people at the corners, one inside and one outside both levering and tensioning the canvas
I found a video of a German guy replacing the whole thing.Bit difficult to understand when you don’t speak German. But I get the gist of it. He used one plastic tool

Back