Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retro Fitting to GC680

T

Trimmy69

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Can anyone let me know if you can easily retrospectively add any/all the following VW ‘options’ to an entry level GC680 if these items aren’t already fitted :-

Solar Panels, Trauma Diesel Heater, WIFI Hotspot, Reversing Camera and SOG ?

If yes, who would you use for the installation; VW or other ?

Also, is the 4Motion model worth the extra price and does it drive any better than a normal front-wheel drive ?

So I believe
yes to solar
no toTruma
yes to WiFi
yes to reversing camera
yes to sog

as all yes with electrics, the GC‘s are all pre wired
and Breeze Poole

unable to speculate on 4motion

good luck.

We hired a 2wd 600 and bought a 4motion 680.
we noticed the 2wd 600 wheel spun a few times the week we had it, one campsite had a steep gravel track and we were not sure it would get up due to lack of traction, it did after a few attempts.

the 4motion 680 has been a lot better, we also have rear differential lock and used it on grassy muddy tracks we would not have taken a 2wd van on.
we also got 4motion for winter driving where we live in NE Scotland.
it also helps on wet roads pulling out of junctions no wheel spin.

Thanks - I like the sound of the 4Motion but it's quite an increase in price. We are looking at getting a second hand 680 and adding the bits we need (like solar especially)

1715761007937.gif

Truma in Derby can swap a gas heater for a diesel one. Not cheap, around £2400 I was quoted, but viable if you want to get away from gas.
4motion also adds 100kg in weight, so bear that in mind for payload.

We have the 680 4motion and happy with the extra traction when needed. I should also add that while we are happy with the 4motion option, it would not have been a deal breaker if we had found a 680 without it, it just so happens the one we had, was at the right price and had other options that we wanted (WiFi, solar, hab a/c etc.) and the 4motion was an added bonus.

Last edited:
Back