Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement bellows 2006 T5

grainflow

grainflow

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I might get a replacement roof bellows for a 2006 T5 California. The current 2 window has a few tears in it and if changing I'd like to upgrade to the 3 window version. I'm based in Ireland and rang my local VW dealer yesterday they say that even the standard bellows is discontinued since 2016.

Any pointers would be great,
Thanks

I think there's a place in somerset. A nieghbour used them to get bellows with 3 windows

i might be wrong but you might struggle because early cali"s had different bellows to later ie 2008 onwards vans the roof went higher on earlier models

I think there's a place in somerset. A nieghbour used them to get bellows with 3 windows
Thanks Bob, if you come across any more info you might let me know, i tried a quick google in that area and didn't come up with anything

i might be wrong but you might struggle because early cali"s had different bellows to later ie 2008 onwards vans the roof went higher on earlier models
yikes....any aftermarket options do you know?

This could be the part number - 7H7 875 059 C

2004 - 2006 had 2 windows but the windows were slightly slanted.

2006 - 2008 also had 2 windows but ran level with the van at the bottom.

2008 they had different heights.

You might find a converter who will fit one, but i would stay with the original
if you can find one.
Have you any pictures, we love pictures here, well at least i do. :)

rang my local VW dealer yesterday they say that even the standard bellows is discontinued since 2016.
You had me worried there thinking that if i ever need new
i won't be able to get any.
So i investigated and found that it is possible with the new 3 window
coloured ones. 517€. Its been done on this 2007 one.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 18.58.47.png

You had me worried there thinking that if i ever need new
i won't be able to get any.
So i investigated and found that it is possible with the new 3 window
coloured ones. 517€. Its been done on this 2007 one.

View attachment 65468
The knowledge on this forum is incredible, thanks for that, have you any info on where it can be purchased? I'm currently in the middle of doing the deal on the cali so I better not post any pictures just yet:(

The knowledge on this forum is incredible, thanks for that, have you any info on where it can be purchased? I'm currently in the middle of doing the deal on the cali so I better not post any pictures just yet:(
Its a Vw one, i'll post up the part numbers but as i havent
yet done this operation, double check with the vw parts guy that
you're getting what you need.
There are 3 colours to choose from and the number changes depending
on colour.
Are you gonna replace them yourself? Apparently its a 3hr job with 2 people, this
is of course doing it for the first time, Vw will be able to do it quicker if you can
find one who is fluent with this kind of job.

7E7875059JUR7 = Blue roof canvas.
Other parts needed.
7E7875161A
7H7067529
7H7067521A

You could try contacting Kernow Transporters. They often break California's and have seen roof bellows for sale on their site.

7E7875059JUR7 = Blue roof canvas.
Other parts needed.
7E7875161A
7H7067529
7H7067521A
thanks again wesfalia for the info, when i look up that part number it shows the blue bellows as only fitting a T6, any ideas?bellows.jpg

On mine i have 114cms to the bottom lip on the side rail,
i need to measure a later model to give me an idea if its the
same.
IMG_8431.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

Why would VW change the size again, are the scissor arms and rams the same size from 2007 as the newer vans, if so surely the canvas size would be the same, just a different material now and or a choice of colours.

If the nicks are tiny I wouldn’t bother does not effect the working of the bellows. I prefer the older bellows personally as they are darker for the early mornings. See how you go first especially before spending eye watering amounts of money. Can also do canvas repair if you search you will find those who have done it.

Personally I am very happy that we have the new bellows on our T5. Nothing wrong with the older ones, but the material of the new ones seems sturdier, the fully opening front window is brilliant (couldnt get flies/mosquitos out) and... where @Zebedee likes the darkness of the old canvas, we like the lightness of the new, because it makes the entire van much lighter inside.

Interesting to get both points of view, we do like the idea of the darker older canvas for the mornings but the lighter newer one for during the day but can't have everything I guess

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I might get a replacement roof bellows for a 2006 T5 California. The current 2 window has a few tears in it and if changing I'd like to upgrade to the 3 window version. I'm based in Ireland and rang my local VW dealer yesterday they say that even the standard bellows is discontinued since 2016.

Any pointers would be great,
Thanks
My sister has an 06 T5 she lives in Worcester and took hers to Kernow Campers which is below Penzance. She is really pleased with the new bellows and he did it in a day. Worth the journey.

My sister has an 06 T5 she lives in Worcester and took hers to Kernow Campers which is below Penzance. She is really pleased with the new bellows and he did it in a day. Worth the journey.
It was 3 years ago

Can anyone advise who else might be able to fit a replacement canvas. Just been quoted £1600+ by the VW centre in Preston!

Back