Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recent Beach prices

A

ahjury

VIP Member
I've been looking to sell my 2019 VW Beach. 30k miles, DSG, usual extras incl diesel heater. Hard to price. Motorway estimated £49k, but offer received was £44k, near the WBAC quote. I know prices have wandered but reckon this seems reasonable ?

Really depends on the spec you’ve got but I would expect around £50k for a mid-spec 2019 UK 3-seater Beach. Higher for a high spec one.

A Beach with no extras is a very different cost new to a one with many options ticked. I think the difference could be up to £15k in the UK (and more on the continent where 4motion and the bigger engine are also offered options).

You will always get a better price selling privately.

Selling to WBAC, Motorway etc is like selling goods to a pawn shop as you get an instant payment. They need to make an good return so prices will always be lower.

All used vehicles are dropping, Covid and chip issues pushed the prices up and now they are really available, prices are becoming more realistic. Just hold you can always come down you can never go up. Unless you’re in a rush to sell.

Also, I’m not sure whether Motorway or WBAC recognise/ pay more for options, so their quotes might be based on a Beach with no options?

Also, I’m not sure whether Motorway or WBAC recognise/ pay more for options, so their quotes might be based on a Beach with no options?

Options make very little difference,. Many go straight to auction. The price you receive will be less than what they can achieve at auction.

We buy any car is owned by BCA / British Car Auctions, which in turn is Owned by private equity group (TDR).

As alluded above, WBAC etc. are basically a no-frills and (relatively) no hassle way to sell. Assuming you're truthful about condition and particulars, they'll generally cough up their offer and the whole thing can be over with very quickly with no risk to you whatsoever. Private selling and you have to share to address with prospective buyers (and I know some people suggest meeting at a petrol station etc. but if you were buying, would you trust someone who refuses to let you know where they live and insists on meeting at the local Texaco?), you have to entertain x number of tyre kickers, then deal with negotiation, how the finance will work (it's too big a number for most banks to do as an instant transfer) etc. etc.

WBAC will still probably offer more than a dealer (private or VW) would though.

I've been looking to sell my 2019 VW Beach. 30k miles, DSG, usual extras incl diesel heater. Hard to price. Motorway estimated £49k, but offer received was £44k, near the WBAC quote. I know prices have wandered but reckon this seems reasonable ?
Surely 45k would still be an amazing return. I assume it’s a T6 and would have been around 50k new with discount?

If you sell to WBAC, take off the awning and extra seats if it has them and sell them separately.

Surely 45k would still be an amazing return. I assume it’s a T6 and would have been around 50k new with discount?

Better to price against the current market. Original purchase Price is so not relevant with campers, prices tend to increase when the sun comes out…this time of year is not a great time to sell.

Prices rise end Feb onwards as company bonuses get paid, and then it's Easter holidays.

Take Autotrader prices with a pinch of salt too; it’s the asking price but not necessarily the selling price.

Really depends on the spec you’ve got but I would expect around £50k for a mid-spec 2019 UK 3-seater Beach. Higher for a high spec one
I've seen 2019 Oceans for sale at 50k and less recently. The gap between used Ocean and Beach prices must have shrunk considerably.
Mileage seems to have a big effect on price and desirability, higher mileage Calis definitely stick around for sale longer even at low prices.

Just checked WBAC for my 2020 Beach, which has a reasonable spec. They are offering £35K. I would not sell for that!

I've seen 2019 Oceans for sale at 50k and less recently. The gap between used Ocean and Beach prices must have shrunk considerably.
Mileage seems to have a big effect on price and desirability, higher mileage Calis definitely stick around for sale longer even at low prices.
All depends on spec and supply/ demand. A well specced used Beach is very difficult to find versus a similarly specced (standard) Ocean. They are also almost the same price to order new for similar spec (Ocean can be cheaper when allowing for features not avail on UK Beaches - eg. digital dash and rear assist). I searched for a top-specced used Beach for 3-4 months last year and couldn’t find one I liked, so ended up ordering a new one.

As alluded above, WBAC etc. are basically a no-frills and (relatively) no hassle way to sell. Assuming you're truthful about condition and particulars, they'll generally cough up their offer and the whole thing can be over with very quickly with no risk to you whatsoever. Private selling and you have to share to address with prospective buyers (and I know some people suggest meeting at a petrol station etc. but if you were buying, would you trust someone who refuses to let you know where they live and insists on meeting at the local Texaco?), you have to entertain x number of tyre kickers, then deal with negotiation, how the finance will work (it's too big a number for most banks to do as an instant transfer) etc. etc.

WBAC will still probably offer more than a dealer (private or VW) would though.
Banks have no trouble transferring those sums if you have them. I’ve bought 3 vans two using a bank card in a machine and the other using my phone to transfer the money via online banking. Likewise received payments £40-50k for the same vans when I sold them using online banking with money received within 30mins.

Banks have no trouble transferring those sums if you have them. I’ve bought 3 vans two using a bank card in a machine and the other using my phone to transfer the money via online banking. Likewise received payments £40-50k for the same vans when I sold them using online banking with money received within 30mins.
I think it depends on the bank. Fairly sure mine has a £25k limit in online transactions per day but I might be wrong.

I think it depends on the bank. Fairly sure mine has a £25k limit in online transactions per day but I might be wrong.

If you call them they will transfer higher amounts. Normally needs to be done over the phone as they carry out some due diligence to check that it's not fraud.

We had to go in to a branch last time we did this - buying our Cali! It then took around an hour - and they demanded to look at the quote letter from VW - and the sale contract (all on my phone) - and have me make a call to the dealer to verify their banking details were as per the letter. I’m normally quite relaxed but that was stressful as the bank rep did a lot of tutting as she read through stuff, and proceeded to search my emails for other comms with the dealer until I told her it was private!!

Its worth would depend on a number of factors:
1. As has already been mentioned, finding a well specced Beach is almost impossible. They are rarer than rocking horse $#!t. If you have one then don't under sell it.
2. How desperate are you to sell it as now isn't the best time of year? Can you wait until the spring has sprung when values usually rise?
4. Is it in tip top condition? Any knocks and scrapes will reduce both value and interest. Get those fixed first.
5. Does it have a full VW service history?
6. Does it have any Extended Factory Warranty remaining?

If you present the vehicle well and are prepared to wait then selling privately will secure a top return. IMO, only use WBAC and the likes to get a rough price guide of a basic Beaches value or if you need to get rid quickly. Even then beware. Even if you have described the vehicle accurately, my experience is that they will keep looking until they find some minor excuse to knock the quoted price down. In my case WBAC wanted to knock £200 off for a paint chip that was barely visible to the naked eye! That vehicle was mint but not a Cali.

Finally, a good set of photos showing all the various options can sell a vehicle.

Last edited:
i would definitely return to a Beach if you could buy it from the factory with the same spec and the look of an Ocean with Sport Pack.

All used vehicles are dropping, Covid and chip issues pushed the prices up and now they are really available, prices are becoming more realistic. Just hold you can always come down you can never go up. Unless you’re in a rush to sell.
That's a great point!

My friend purchased a 2018 manual Beach with 30K on it for £40.5K last December. No diesel heater but other than that it was spotless so £44K from WBAC seems good value to me.

Its worth would depend on a number of factors:
1. As has already been mentioned, finding a well specced Beach is almost impossible. They are rarer than rocking horse $#!t. If you have one then don't under sell it.
2. How desperate are you to sell it as now isn't the best time of year? Can you wait until the spring has sprung when values usually rise?
4. Is it in tip top condition? Any knocks and scrapes will reduce both value and interest. Get those fixed first.
5. Does it have a full VW service history?
6. Does it have any Extended Factory Warranty remaining?
https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/slayer-dragoon/
If you present the vehicle well and are prepared to wait then selling privately will secure a top return. IMO, only use WBAC and the likes to get a rough price guide of a basic Beaches value or if you need to get rid quickly. Even then beware. Even if you have described the vehicle accurately, my experience is that they will keep looking until they find some minor excuse to knock the quoted price down. In my case WBAC wanted to knock £200 off for a paint chip that was barely visible to the naked eye! That vehicle was mint but not a Cali. Nakiri knives

Finally, a good set of photos showing all the various options can sell a vehicle.
great thanks!