Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear sear rails

Craig Gilbert

Craig Gilbert

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
My first post,
Just bought a Cali ocean, and have removed the rear shelf and mattress as we're not going to use it, gives more room for our dog, how do I go about pushing the rear seat back further, there's obviously a locking mechanism in place, can it be removed so i can push the seat right back?

My first post,
Just bought a Cali ocean, and have removed the rear shelf and mattress as we're not going to use it, gives more room for our dog, how do I go about pushing the rear seat back further, there's obviously a locking mechanism in place, can it be removed so i can push the seat right back?
Pretty sure, you can lift out one of the inner channels or get two thin screwdrivers and look inside, between the rubber.
There is a bolt and diamond shaped piece of metal inside what stops the seat from furthest back and front.

My first post,
Yes down in the channel there is a little bolt clamp thing that can be moved or taken out. I removed the one at the front so I could get my seat right forward but I believe there is one at the back too. You need to slide the seat forward a bit get a screw driver to gently part the rubber strips and a torch to search for it. If I remember rightly it has an Allen key bolt on it. Once you find it you should be able to loosen and move back.

My first post,
Actually not an Allen key it's a big screw, here is the block I removed

16888182992388979571199012801076.jpg

16888183097629221220888550816653.jpg

I too moved my rear stop block to its furthest setting back. When we get to our camping destinations we take out the steel parcel shelf and put it under the Cali then we push the seats all the way back. It really does make a difference in interior space. You get full access to the wardrobe and full access to the cup holder with 12v socket next to the sliding door. Gives the dogs more floor space too at night time. You still have boot space too as the seats won’t go all the way back to the end of the rails, you have around 6 inch before the end.

My first post,
Would be good if you rename “Sear” to “seat “ in the main body of title.
So others can find this thread.
Just removed mine.
On a MY 22/23
Mine were held in with a T30 bolt.
Both in the NearSide Track (UK)
One at back, one at front.
Have to completely remove the bolt before you can prise the metal rectangle out.

IMG_7307.jpegIMG_7308.jpeg

Seat done Happy camper now, new problem my satnav won't load just get the welcome, loading user profile then nothing but the swirly disc1701938297434203613903406494778.jpg

Do a quick search for any existing threads that might help and, if nothing comes up, maybe open a new thread so that peeps know what you are asking about.

Back