Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Bumper repair advice.

Cali-61-180-SE

Cali-61-180-SE

Hi All
i need advice to repair cali rear bumper. last week my wife hit rear bumper from drain pipe at the time of parking. its scratched and back as well please see in picture. any idea where i can repair this or should i go to VW? i asked repair cost from my local VW dealer and they estimate me Total Incl VAT £960.00 :
Note: all parking sensor are working fine.
Parts / Panels Requiring Renewal

REAR BUMPER COVER L.R OUT SENSOR BRKT
R.R OUT SENSOR BRKT L.R INN SENSOR BRKT
R.R INN SENSOR BRKT RR BUMPER MOULDING
L.R REFLECTOR R.R REFLECTOR

Associated Work Required
CHECK TOW BAR Check AND CLEAN CAR
Check AND QUALITY CONTROL

Parts / Panels Requiring Painting
REAR COVER BUMPER NEW PART PAINT DE NIB & POLISH

Additional Items
E.P.A. CHARGE CAR CARE KIT
VAS 6150 ECU RESET

Cost Summary

ALL PRICES EXCLUDE VAT
Labour: £216.00 Paint Materials: £165.76
Parts: £286.24 Additional Items: £132.00
Total Excl VAT £800.00
VAT + 20 % £160.00

Total Incl VAT £960.00

:(:(:(

any advice please?

IMG_4251.JPG

I think it is wise to get several quotes and then choose who you would like to carry out the work. You could also involve your insurance company who might foot the bill.

Our last rear bumper damage (not Cali) was around £1000 via 3rd party insurance. Sure if you are paying yourself a shop around will find a small independent can do it a lot cheaper Did your rear sensors not work

Last edited:
I had my rear bumper replaced by vw aproved body shop after a rear shunt. Bill was £800. Similar damage to op's.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Companies like ChipsAway can fix this sort of damage for far less money than VW. Have a google round for a few local outfits and get some quotes.

Don't despair.
This was the damage to our rear after some idiot hit it outside our house in France and cleared off. The bumper was actually touching the ground initially.
As I'd got access to tools I managed to push it back and hold it in place with self tappers and duct tape.
Local body shop sorted it all for £280, looks like new. I did report it to the insurance initially thinking it was going to be at least a grand but then cancelled the claim as it was less than the £300 excess.
I thought the parking sensor was smashed as it wasn't working but it just turned out to be the connection had been broken with the impact so you might be lucky with that.

My partner reversed my car into a post last year - i cosmically ordered a rear end shunt which duly came along a few months later - got it all sorted on his insurance.